Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ipf6400 Queue can see printer but utilities can't?  (Read 791 times)

arlon

• Pbase account
ipf6400 Queue can see printer but utilities can't?
« on: November 10, 2013, 10:41:25 am »

My new printer sees the queue and prints from PS but when I try to add papers through the media configuration tool or go to utilities menu to check ink levels it says the printer isn't connected? Any quick ideas? Mac OS 10.6.8. Will have to call support tomorrow I guess. Can't get an even border on an A3+ canon sheet paper ether. Much bigger learning curve on this one.

Got the updater to work. I didn't realize you had to have a piece of paper loaded to be "ready".. Still can't see ink levels from printer utility..

For some reason the red ink tank shows twice as much ink as the others? Makes me wonder if it filled the reserve tank or what it's doing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 12:30:16 pm by arlon »
Honey, did you bring an extra battery?

Bullfrog

Re: ipf6400 Queue can see printer but utilities can't?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 01:34:19 pm »

Not sure how helpful I can be as I have the 6100 but here goes (more questions rather than answers).

1.  Can you not see the ink levels on the LCD display on the printer? I can see the ink levels at any time just by viewing the LCD and only see the ink levels on the printer driver when I print something - then the screen comes up and the same virtual image is displayed again.

2.  Are you using Ethernet or USB for connection? 

arlon

• Pbase account
Re: ipf6400 Queue can see printer but utilities can't?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 03:05:15 pm »

No problem seeing them on the printer. I'm using USB. Got it figured out. Have to go through about 6 steps in OS 10.6 to see the levels and a lot of other stuff from the computer.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:38:38 pm by arlon »
Honey, did you bring an extra battery?
Pages: [1]   Go Up