Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to install ACR for Fuji X-E1  (Read 4315 times)

Deardorff

How to install ACR for Fuji X-E1
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:50:33 pm »

Have had trouble with Bridge and opening Fuji X-E1 RAW files to full size.

So, tried uninstall and reinstall Photoshop CS6. Then downloaded ACR8.2 from the internet(this computer) to a thumb drive and put it on the work computer with CS6(work computer never goes online) and tried to install it. Says it did so but Photoshop won't recognize the RAW files at all.

How do I install the update so I can use the program for my images? Adobe help is not a good source with the hours long wait times and repeated cut offs during the calls.

Vladimirovich

Re: How to install ACR for Fuji X-E1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:30:06 am »

open any file in ACR that you can, go to Camera Raw Preferences and tell us what is the version of ACR you are actually running from PS (for example "Version 8.2.0.94") on that computer ?

Deardorff

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 09:29:52 pm »

The version showing is 7.0.0.308

I am trying to update afer reinstalling Photoshop CS6. Trying to get 8. something into it.

The problem seems to be that the Fuji X-E1 files in RAW don't open full sized when I was getting them to open. They would only open as the panoramic size. If I shot RAW and Jpeg - both files were full sized most of the time with only a few showing the panoramic size.

When I try to open the X-E1 RAW files I get the message photoshop can't open the file.

So, I downloaded the RAW converter latest edition of ACR onto the thumb drive and tried installing it on the work computer - that does not hook up to the internet. It asks me to put in the last disk from of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue.   I don't know anything about a Multi Volume set as Photoshop CS6 came with only one disk.

So, how do I upgrade the program to work?

Vladimirovich

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:11:00 pm »

The version showing is 7.0.0.308
the latest ACR for CS6 = http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/cameraraw8-3.html   (8.3 RC)

Deardorff

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »

That is the version I have been trying to install, with no luck.

Will probably have to take it in to the computer shop and have them figure it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up