Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A vertical forrest panoramic this time!  (Read 1364 times)

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
A vertical forrest panoramic this time!
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:22:44 am »

I spent 3 consecutive days in the Devils Glen in Wicklow during the summer shooting forest landscape photos. This summer despite the fantastic weather, I got very little time to shoot. In fact this was the last landscape photo I took in 5 months. I came upon this spot on the second evening and I missed my opportunity by about 10 minutes. I wanted to shoot into the sun but partially hidden be the trees to prevent flare, while at the same time getting the star burst affect. My first attempt resulted in very bad flare so off I went on the third day. I knew exactly where and when to stand and because of the unheard of sunny weather in Ireland, I was able to get the shot I imagined. As a landscape photographer I always try and photograph Ireland in my own way but always trying something different. I thought a vertical panoramic would work best to show the vertical dynamic of the trees, which formed a perfect V towards the sun. It's a very optimistic photo and refelcts how I felt at the time.

All comments about the watermark will be ignored!

Mjollnir

Re: A vertical forrest panoramic this time!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 10:10:18 pm »

Quite nice.

It has the look, however, of a planted or planned forest.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:39 am »

I like this one too.

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 04:08:15 am »

Perseverance is rewarded! Beautiful woodland scene and the vertical panorama works very well here.
Bravo…
Francois

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

Also Donadae Forest Park.

If life gives you lemons, make lemonade :-)

“Of course, you know the adage, if you can’t make it good, make it big. If you can’t make it big, make it red. So we do like big red photographs.” :-)

The British Isles doesn't have much of anything like wilderness; and perhaps the client does not wish to be confronted by the all too obvious decay, death and chaos of un-managed forest.

Ya Isaac You're correct in saying that we don't have the wilds of larger countries. and I would say yes the forest is planted. The whole country was covered in forest many centuries ago but that's long gone now unfortunately. There aren't many natural forests left. One is Tomies wood. (I posted a couple of shots before) A beautiful place full of old holly trees that have the most amazing forms. But ya we don't have the vast wildness like in the States and Canada. :(

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 03:02:18 am »

All comments about the watermark will be ignored!

That's very pretty. I particularly like the way the lens flare has resulted in two sharply-defined concentric circles, the inner one missing a segment at the right.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up