Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin Print Option for Wordpress  (Read 8636 times)

MartinSpence

• Martin Spence Photography
Plugin Print Option for Wordpress
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:55:44 am »

Hi

I have a website which has a blog etc. and I was looking to add a shop, I can add ECommerce to sell prints.

However I was looking at an option where the customer would buy the photo and it would be printed off by a company and sent directly to the customer and part of the money would go to the company who printed and delivered the photo and the rest would come to me.  Is there such an option?

Thanks
Martin

www.martinspencephotography.co.uk

Mark

Re: Plugin Print Option for Wordpress
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 12:33:20 pm »

Hiya

This is one of those "I would not start there" answers but...

I have a wordpress blog - rebuilding it now. But all my business photography goes to zenfolio
http://markbaigent.zenfolio.com/
It is great for sales and holding proof galleries.

Mark

MartinSpence

• Martin Spence Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:22:27 pm »

Thanks Mark

So you have a link toa 'shop' on your wordpress blog and send people to the link below if they want to buy anything?

I assume you just buy Zenfolio and pay them every yr to have that option?

Cheers
M

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 05:52:17 pm »

There are many proof/print/buy options out there.  Some work on straight commission taking a flat percentage of each sale.  Some require an annual account and then have various options for splits.  Some are just proofing and you have to fulfill.  If you are set on keeping it free for you and just a straight commission try black river imaging.  If you want the best customer experience and most overall sales go zenfolio.  If you do enough volume its a no brainer.  My print sales tripled just from making the switch, the interface for zenfolio can be made perfect.

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:16 pm »

What you need is ShootProof (https://www.shootproof.com/). You pay a subscription based on how many images you have posted. When a print is ordered, you can have it sent to one of their labs (Black River, ProDPI, Bay Photo) who will print it and drop ship to your customer or fulfill the order yourself. You can also sell digital downloads.All they charge is the subscription and any credit card fees. There's even a free option if you don't need to post many images.

As to your WordPress site, just post a link to the your ShootProof site and your done. If you want to get an idea of how it all works, feel free to visit my site (http://www.myrsphoto.com) and follow the "Online Ordering" link.

jferrari

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:08 pm »

You pay a subscription based on how many images you have posted.

So let me see if I understand this concept correctly. You give them money. You give them all of your hi-res image files. They'll let you know if you get any sales and they promise not the sell your work to anyone without letting you know about it. Sorry, just not getting any warm fuzzies.
Nothing changes until something changes.

rgs

• Richard Smith Photography
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 07:36:48 am »

So let me see if I understand this concept correctly. You give them money. You give them all of your hi-res image files. They'll let you know if you get any sales and they promise not the sell your work to anyone without letting you know about it. Sorry, just not getting any warm fuzzies.

SmugMug. ZenFolio and all other similar services require a subscription but most also charge a commission on sales which ShootProof does not. At some point you have to trust that your web service will not steal your images but that level of trust is required on many things. I have had no reason to doubt security at ShootProof (or SmugMug or ZenFolio). These sites are relied on by some top professional labs (Millers, Bay Photo, Black River Imaging, ProDPI, ect) as an integral part of their ordering services. They have many reasons not to be involved in theft of your images.

You could hire a professional web development company to do your work and, if you hire well, you will get a smoothly operating site that does exactly what you want. But, as our President has discovered, that may not work out as expected and you will pay lots more than the Shoot Proof subscription will cost.

The other option is to manage it entirely yourself and spend much of your time maintaining your website. And, unless you are quite good with HTML and other more advanced protocols, your site will never function quite like it should. And you would probably not get the ordering process to your lab automated.

And, no matter what you choose, your high res files will be parked somewhere with someone you have decided to trust.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 08:40:15 am by rgs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up