Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphics cards with 10bits AND Open CL support?  (Read 3249 times)

narikin

Graphics cards with 10bits AND Open CL support?
« on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:36 am »

Need help with a graphics card for new system being built:

I looked at Phase One's latest recommended cards, and they clearly only suggest the better gaming cards that support OpenCL acceleration usable in C1: http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1720&LanguageID=1

However... a 10bit pipeline is only supported in the Pro Workstation card ranges, like AMD FirePro or Nvidia Quadro.

Is it true that you can't have both 10bit pipeline and OpenCL acceleration in C1?!  Obviously as a photo pro, I would like both. Currently  I have sacrificed Open CL and slower C1 for 10 bit support, but really can't see what this should be so.  Has someone else found an answer to enable both?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:16:47 am by narikin »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Graphics cards with 10bits AND Open CL support?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:11:02 am »

Is it true that you can't have both 10bit pipeline and OpenCL acceleration in C1?!  Obviously as a photo pro, I would like both. Currently  I have sacrificed Open CL and slower C1 for 10 bit support, but really can't see what this should be so.  Has someone else found an answer to enable both?

Hi,

OpenGL for 10-bit graphics support is something different from OpenCL for GPU support. The current top NVIDIA Quadro line supports both, it seems. Check with NVIDIA if you want confirmation for a specific card you are considering.

Cheers.
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

alifatemi

• ali fatemi photography
Re: Graphics cards with 10bits AND Open CL support?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:02:22 am »

I have Nvidia Quadro 2000 workstation and it supports 10 bit. for open CL I will check and let you know
Pages: [1]   Go Up