Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5.3 release?  (Read 10026 times)

JackWinberg

Lightroom 5.3 release?
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »

I just got an Olympus OM-D EM-1 camera, and am quite pleased with it.  I am, however, frustrated that Lightroom 5.2 has only "provisional" RAW support for this model, and yields rather strange red hues.

Any notion from the wisdom on this forum of when we might see LR 5.3 on the horizon?

Jack Winberg

Vladimirovich

Re: Lightroom 5.3 release?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:18:21 pm »

I just got an Olympus OM-D EM-1 camera, and am quite pleased with it.  I am, however, frustrated that Lightroom 5.2 has only "provisional" RAW support for this model, and yields rather strange red hues.

Any notion from the wisdom on this forum of when we might see LR 5.3 on the horizon?

Jack Winberg

@ http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr5_green_previews_in_filmstrip_after_sync

Eric Chan (Camera Raw Engineer) 6 hours ago

"...I believe we've identified the underlying cause and should have a fix available soon..."

that means next RC or final of ACR/LR

JackWinberg

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »

THANKS for the swift and very gratifying response!!!  My heart leaps with joy, I'll keep my eyes out for it!   :)

BTW, that EM-1 ALMOST makes lugging around my 5DIII with those heavy "L" lenses not worthwhile.  It's image quality is startling.

eliedinur

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:48:59 am »

Since 5.2 Final was released in mid-September and updates are roughly 3 months apart, that makes it mid-December. Consider it a Christmas present. Of course there may be an RC earlier than that, but assuming that the major bug fixes were done in 5.2, that seems unlikely.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

Dinarius

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:48:48 am »

Vladimirovich

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:49:47 pm »

Eric Chan (Camera Raw Engineer) 3 hours ago
To be clear ... we are getting ready to post Release Candidate (RC) versions of the next dot releases of Camera Raw and Lightroom. These RC versions will not have PEF raw support for the Pentax K-3, but the final versions will.

Eric Chan (Camera Raw Engineer) 2 hours ago
Coming soon ...

Eric Chan (Camera Raw Engineer) 2 hours ago
Just a few days (less than a week). And yes, available for Camera Raw for CS6 users as well.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:53:01 pm by Vladimirovich »

JackWinberg

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:44 pm »

Hmmmmm, Eric does not mention Olympus EM-1 support, here's hoping!!!

jpegman

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 06:39:53 pm »

LR 5.3 release Candidate announced today  (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-3/)

Thought you would like to know

Lightroom 5.3 RC New Camera Support:
Canon PowerShot S120, Fujifilm XQ1, Fujifilm X-E2, Nikon 1 AW1, Nikon Coolpix P7800, Nikon D610, Nikon D5300 (*), Olmpus OM-DE-M1, Olympus STYLUS 1 (*), Panasonic DMC-GM1, Phase One IQ260, Phase One IQ280,Sony A7 (ILCE-7),Sony A7R (ILCE-7R),
Sony DSC-RX10 (*)

Guess you have to keep hoping - maybe Olympus EM-1 support makes it to LRCC!

Jpegman

aduke

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »

Unfortunately for me, no Sigma DP2 Merrill support. :( :o :'(

Alan

Vladimirovich

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:50:13 pm »

LR 5.3 release Candidate announced today  (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-3/)

Thought you would like to know

Lightroom 5.3 RC New Camera Support:
Canon PowerShot S120, Fujifilm XQ1, Fujifilm X-E2, Nikon 1 AW1, Nikon Coolpix P7800, Nikon D610, Nikon D5300 (*), Olmpus OM-DE-M1, Olympus STYLUS 1 (*), Panasonic DMC-GM1, Phase One IQ260, Phase One IQ280,Sony A7 (ILCE-7),Sony A7R (ILCE-7R),
Sony DSC-RX10 (*)

Guess you have to keep hoping - maybe Olympus EM-1 support makes it to LRCC!

Jpegman

1) CA corrections are not supported (will not be until 8.3/5.3 final)

2) new .dcp Adobe Standard profile for E-M1 is simply terrible

JackWinberg

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:14:23 pm »

Thanks for the notification!

Downloading the 5.3 RC now, I hope the color rendition is better.  I am cautiously hopeful.

Jack

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:12:48 am »

Thanks for the notification!

Downloading the 5.3 RC now, I hope the color rendition is better.  I am cautiously hopeful.

Jack

Jack - Just a wee friendly word. Would you please stop using bold type in your posts. Like using capital letters, it is generally considered to be bad manners (shouting).

Thanks.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

JackWinberg

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 08:28:46 am »

Happy to comply and stop using bold, but it was my impression that all CAPITALS was the "shouting" in netiquette lingo.  My motivation is simply failing eyesight.

Jack

Glenn NK

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 02:48:50 pm »

Happy to comply and stop using bold, but it was my impression that all CAPITALS was the "shouting" in etiquette lingo.  My motivation is simply failing eyesight.

Jack

For that I hold the Shift Key down + use the mouse scroll wheel (up to enlarge, down to make smaller).

I enlarge the display until I can read the fine print.  ;D

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources

eliedinur

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »

In Firefox it is the Ctrl key.
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

JackWinberg

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »

I use Firefox, and it is indeed the control key.

The color rendition of EM-1 ORF files in LR 5.3 RC has received mixed reviews on DPREVIEW, but I find them very easily adjustable to yield satisfactory images.  I'm sure things will improve even more when color profiles are supported in future or the final version, but for the nonce, I am quite well pleased.  A relief, as that EM1 is a very nice handling machine.

Jack

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 11:36:07 pm »

.....My motivation is simply failing eyesight.
Jack

Are we too believe your "startling quality from the Olympus" claim then? ;D

Jim

JackWinberg

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 09:32:59 am »

Ah yes, I was startled by being able to be in a similar ballpark with a micro 4/3 sensor compared to my 5DIII full frame machine.  There is only a slight IQ improvement from the EM5 to the EM1, the major change is in the ergonomics and IBS.  I am able to pull 17 x 22 prints that show well and win awards with this relatively small sensor. Though the noise level at high ISO is obviously greater with the EM1 than the 5DIII, I am able to quash it at ISO 6400 without losing too much detail or color for my purposes, in Lightroom.  The results are good enough for me to comfortably use these small and light cameras for travel, where weight is a significant factor for me.

The video output, however, is another story, just adequate, and not up to the higher quality of Panasonic micro 4/3 machines, a real shame.

JackWinberg

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 09:47:17 am »

I finally had an opportunity to use the latest LR release last night on images from my E1, and am quite disappointed in the results, particularly for flesh tones.  I tried really hard to tweak them (and to like them), but to no avail, they wound up quite "strange", kind of orangy-yellow.  I hope that this will be fixed in an update or the final release.

On another note, I tried to install a known good camera profile, only to find that this release does not seem to support doing that.  Please, what am I missing here?

Thanks............ Jack Winberg

Vladimirovich

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »

I finally had an opportunity to use the latest LR release last night on images from my E1, and am quite disappointed in the results, particularly for flesh tones.  I tried really hard to tweak them (and to like them), but to no avail, they wound up quite "strange", kind of orangy-yellow.  I hope that this will be fixed in an update or the final release.
I made 2 extra profiles for myself from Adobe Standard for E-M1 using dcptool from SandyMC - one was with "look" LUT table (ProfileLookTableData, etc) stripped and other with both "look" table and HSV color transform tables (ProfileHueSatMapData*,etc) stripped to make it pure matrix.

pure matrix requires (for this profile Adobe uses ProfileHueSatMapData* LUTs a lot to do color transform from scene referred "colors" hence = ) further tuning in camera calibration tab (just boost the saturation for all channels according to your taste, that will do).

in addition I compensated hidden expocorrection for ISO >= 200 (BaselineExposureOffset = -0.32) and included linear ProfileToneCurve tag
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up