Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishful thinking: What would your dream camera and lenses be alike?  (Read 5059 times)

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Re: Wishful thinking: What would your dream camera and lenses be alike?
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 01:23:32 am »

Hi,

One thought that crossed my mind is that it would be quite possible to make tilts automatic. Suspend the sensor on a movable platform with microadjustments and and let the photographers choose a few focusing points, using touch screens. Camera/DB software can calculate necessary tilt using contrast sensing AF. The same mechanism could be used for auto aligning sensor and lens.

The downside is that this would add some complexity and would be used by very few.

Best regards
Erik

Sinar did this with a tech camera - but the model they presented was quite a beast ....
Sorry - I don't have the link at hands - I just remember a video from a presentation somewhere ...

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:33 am »

One thought that crossed my mind is that it would be quite possible to make tilts automatic. Suspend the sensor on a movable platform with microadjustments and and let the photographers choose a few focusing points, using touch screens. Camera/DB software can calculate necessary tilt using contrast sensing AF. The same mechanism could be used for auto aligning sensor and lens.

Which is exactly what I described above...

Cheers,
Bernard

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 10:42:34 am »

I am quite happy with my little Fuji X system, my dream is to go to a few places and take photos before I die. Don't need a new camera for that, and already have 3 very good lenses.

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 11:11:46 am »

A digital Fuji GX617 or Hassy X Pan, for less than £2000. I'd like to add a full-frame, 24MP Fuji X100 style camera.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up