Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of A7r A7 questions  (Read 3836 times)

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
A couple of A7r A7 questions
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:51:07 am »

From last nights reading, I came away with a couple of questions, I am hoping that some other members may have answers to.

It appears that the Sony A7r will work with a Nikkon G lens, with an adapter like the Novoflex or Metabones Nikkon to Nex E mount adapters.  In the LuLa article, it's mentioned that a 14-24 was used in the testing.  Question is do you loose AF, on a Nikon to Sony mount?  and VR on the Nikon lens if available?    I seems like the Sony Alpha lenses still can use the older Sony Alpha to Nex adapters and you should still have AF if the lens offered it.  Sony made 2 of these, the more expensive one has the phase detect AF, which I used on the Nex-7. 

My other question is on Image Stabilization, since the A7r has no stabilization built into the sensor like on the Sony DSLR bodies, is it safe to assume that there is not a image stabilization setup that will work, even with Sony Glass that is Full Frame unless you purchase a FE lens?  I have not checked but am assuming that the new FE lenses will offer Image Stabilization? 

Also, has anyone found out if there is a interval timer that will work with the A7r? 

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Vladimirovich

Re: A couple of A7r A7 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 12:57:30 pm »

Question is do you loose AF, on a Nikon to Sony mount?  and VR on the Nikon lens if available?   
until Sigma will get into this business only few esoteric adapters are offering something like this and those are for Canon to NEX ( http://www.metabones.com/sony/buy-eos-nex-adapter )

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 03:15:16 am »

I played with one today in Tokyo. Nice handling.

They appeared to have stock.

Cheers,
Bernard

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:37:38 am »

My other question is on Image Stabilization, since the A7r has no stabilization built into the sensor like on the Sony DSLR bodies, is it safe to assume that there is not a image stabilization setup that will work, even with Sony Glass that is Full Frame unless you purchase a FE lens?  I have not checked but am assuming that the new FE lenses will offer Image Stabilization? 

Also, has anyone found out if there is a interval timer that will work with the A7r? 

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

I can confirm that IS does work for Canon lenses on this type of adapter (not yet tried on the Sony A7 but OK on the 5N).  In fact AF is so slow I consider the adapters just useful for enabling aperture control and IS.

The A7/R as with the newer Sony's offer wifi connection so that an intervalometer can be used via a tablet or smartphone.  I don't know much about it but have just ordered a Nexus 7 (I don't have a cell phone) to test out with a Sony 5R I bought to replace a dead 5N
Pages: [1]   Go Up