Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little poll..  (Read 3900 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: A little poll..
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 01:08:27 am »

Hi,

Graduated filters and the correction brush in LR works like layers. Same functionality. See them as layers with layer mask being black. You then paint in the effect. It does essentially most of layers do. You can stack Graduated Filters and Correction Brush effects. File size still remains small.

I often have 2-3 grrd filters active and use correction brush sometimes.

Brightness and shadows controls give some HDR-tone mapping. Great way of adjusting scenes with extreme tonal range.

This was done in LR (as far as I recall), from a single exposure. The image is nicer with a black frame :-(

Best regards
Erik

I think it comes down to what you know and are comfortable with.  I started using photoshop well before lightroom.  Now I start out in lightroom and then usually go to photoshop.  I find that at times I need multiple layers of curves to give the image a bit more depth.  I also like to dodge and burn in layers. In lightroom making adjustments in one curve doesn't always do it.  I like having multiple layers.  
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:15:14 am by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 02:19:32 am »

No more LR, still a bit of CS6.

Most of my time is spent in DxO 9 and C1 Pro.

Cheers,
Bernard

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 12:00:27 pm »

Hi,

It is under lens corrections under the Develop tab.  What you can do in ACR you can generally do in Lightroom as they share the processing pipeline.

Best regards
Erik

Thanks, Eric. Found it. It was hiding.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up