Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is it possible to "deploy" or install icc profiles on all PC's in a network  (Read 1315 times)

designpartners

• Design Partners

Hi All,

does anyone know, if it's possible to install ICC profiles to all PC's in a network?

Also, with all the profiles installed with the Epson driver by default, is it possible to delete most of them? we only use a few.. or just link in lightroom, only show a few?

we have multiple users printing to a few different printers and most of them aren't technical, and just want to hit the print button and have it work... for anything important, we have a few guys properly trained to print.

for these "just hit print" prints, they would be renderings, PS or AI files just for internal concept review - used for a few hours in a meeting and then binned.
up to now for these type prints, we have been using a cannon laser - with obvious quality limitations.

All PC's, no Macs, all win 7.

Thanks for any info!

James

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...

Depends how you have set up your network.
Under Windows I'd open up the icc files directories as shares visible for the deploying server and write a copy batch file.

designpartners

• Design Partners

Depends how you have set up your network.
Under Windows I'd open up the icc files directories as shares visible for the deploying server and write a copy batch file.

OK cool - that sounds like a plan. I'll give it a test and feedback.

is it OK to delete most of the existing icc profiles?

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...

OK cool - that sounds like a plan. I'll give it a test and feedback.

is it OK to delete most of the existing icc profiles?

I try to never touch a running system ... so ... :P

designpartners

• Design Partners

I try to never touch a running system ... so ... :P

ha - I have  a few systems that I can test first. it should be OK I think.
I'll test anyway and feedback

Thanks for the info

James

fetish

You can use a folder sync software to sync the windows/system32/spool/drivers/color folder across all PCs
But you better have different names for all your individual monitor profiles so individual machines still retain their respective monitor calibration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up