Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle photo rag 308 - Darker colours scratching off  (Read 2427 times)

littleillustrator

Hahnemuhle photo rag 308 - Darker colours scratching off
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:11:59 pm »

Hello I have an Epson R2880 and I use Hahnemuhle photo rag 308 for my prints and recently I have had darker background in my  designs and I have noticed the ink is quite fragile on the paper. I don't have the same issue with lighter prints.

I use a metal ruler to trim the work and notice that the paper scratches very easily. I also noticed it scratches easily just if I am packing the print, which is not good...as I sell the prints and customers will inadvertently scratch the print while unpacking it.

Why would this be happening? Is this normal? Is there way to avoid this happening?

Thanks

dgillilan

Re: Hahnemuhle photo rag 308 - Darker colours scratching off
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 08:58:42 am »

One possible way to help avoid the flaking off of the print, is to spray Hahnemuhle Protective Spray on the prints after you have dried them, then let that dry also, before framing or shipping. I use this spray and it is excellent and also offers some degree of UV Protection.

Debra

AndyS

• http://www.astannard.com
Re: Hahnemuhle photo rag 308 - Darker colours scratching off
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 04:11:46 pm »

Hi,

Another user of Hahnemuhle Protective Spray - and have also found it to be excellent.

Something that may also help is to brush the paper with something like a drafting brush before use - can help remove any slightly loose flakes on the paper surface.

I think Photo Rag is something of a delicate paper, but using the above techniques I don't now have any problems.

Cheers,
Andrew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up