Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to find court info on 'press access' for Blogs & Internet sites?  (Read 3955 times)

Deardorff

Here in North Dakota the High School Activities Assn refuses to issue press passes or access passes to internet reporting sites and reps.

We have a High School Sports site that covers the State, has reporting spots with a number of radio stations and does a good job. Can't get access passes for tournaments.

We have BEK sports TV broadcast network. A cable network that broadcasts a few hundred games a year. They also broadcast a State Tournament last year - and all their camera operators and people had to PAY to get into the venuw - the Assn would not issue passes - even tho BEK PAID the High School Assn for broadcast rights to the event.

I know some States have already been through this. Where do I find information on court cases and policies so we can put it together to present to our State association? Would like to do that before hitting them with a few dozen open records requests prior to filing legal action to get this squared away.

byarvin

Re: Where to find court info on 'press access' for Blogs & Internet sites?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 10:15:30 am »

Deardorff:

By far and away, your best bet is to check with Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts. A group that specializes in this sort of thing. If you contact a nearby office, they should be able to find a lawyer or law student who can help you. In my experience, a member - or the boss or professor of a member - can make a phone call or write a letter and set things right in a matter of minutes.

http://www.vlany.org/legalservices/vladirectory.php

Best of luck and have many future great shoots!
Pages: [1]   Go Up