Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica S2 (non-P) vs the competition currently  (Read 16028 times)

Rob C

Re: Leica S2 (non-P) vs the competition currently
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 10:42:27 am »

Hi,

I replaced my Manfrotto C55 with a Velbon Sherpa Pro and that did help a lot. So tripod matters, obviously.

I have a 67 projector, from Götschman, glorios images. Perhaps I should get a film magazine for the Hassy and shoot some film.

Best regards
Erik

My Pentax lived permanently on top of a Gitzo G 410 that I can hardly lift! The two-way tilting head is just as heavy. All the mass and inertia you could wish for - an asistant would have been nice. Or a coolie (no offence intended, for the politically correctly sensitive in the LuLa woodpile).

Rob C

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2013, 10:54:04 am »

What the cost of switching to MF digital will be would buy an awful lot of scans. I've yet to see any digital look as nice as Portra film scanned.
If I did not have to shoot to pay the bills, my digital stuff would be on ebay and I would be happy to be off the camera/computer merry-go-round.
Imagine just having one camera to last you a lifetime, one enlarger to last a lifetime.
Stick with the film you know, life will be so much simpler.
Kevin.

Rob C

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2013, 01:13:36 pm »

What the cost of switching to MF digital will be would buy an awful lot of scans. I've yet to see any digital look as nice as Portra film scanned.
If I did not have to shoot to pay the bills, my digital stuff would be on ebay and I would be happy to be off the camera/computer merry-go-round.
Imagine just having one camera to last you a lifetime, one enlarger to last a lifetime.
Stick with the film you know, life will be so much simpler.

Amen!

Rob C

KevinA

• Tree Without a Bird
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »

http://static.timparkin.co.uk/static/tmp/cameratest-2/large.html
Wow sheet film looks really nice, especially in highlights.
I'm surprised that the Phaseone does not do better in the highlights, it looks like all digital does at the top end. Check out the shot of the money and it's silver strip. Compare that with the film of the same. The shot with the bridge in the highlight, the bridge is just not there on the digital.
 It's always been my major bug with my digital cameras, what happens at the highlight end. Especially white cloud or into the Sun shots, specular reflections etc.   Resolution is not the only factor in making images, having more tones is just as important as counting more leaves imho.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:28:06 pm by KevinA »
Kevin.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2013, 05:56:20 pm »

From what I am seeing, that is a 70 yo with arthritis, I would say stick with film. My friend is 70 and intelligent, but stick him in front of a computer and try to teach him some photoshop basics and it's a whole lot of pain.

My suggestion would be to sell the blad and to buy a Contax G2 and lenses. Just saying…

Cheers,
Tom Brown

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 02:36:58 pm »

For the OP's friend:

Mamiya 6/7 + Scan Cafe + Lightroom = be happy. 

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up