Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any tricks or treats to help my issues? (Win7 64bit)  (Read 3018 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Any tricks or treats to help my issues? (Win7 64bit)
« on: November 01, 2013, 01:56:43 pm »

When I launch it takes a really long time for the pool of images to fill in for my session. And then often times the image I select is in a low resolution pixelated mode and I can't zoom in or something to get it "unstuck" to parse the image fully. I'm using 7.13 as the 7.14 crashed and would not launch. I sent a bunch of the reports as it happened.   There is a 7.15 now...I'm wondering if these things are addressed.  Anyone else experience the the very sluggish start, and the low res images?  

I wish when C1 launches, as soon as you click on Capture mode, it would not load-up all the files as it does. Perhaps it is loading it with all the info. You have to wait until it is finished before starting to shoot. Sure write/read speed is involved, but I'm 65mb/s. This is much slower than other versions I remember. You'd think it would take up this process as a 2nd or 3rd level background trickle load some you can start shooting as it loads older files later?  So now that the file resolution is pixelated, I have to restart and wait for everything to load and hope it doesn't get hung like this again.  
 ??? ::) :-\

Any suggestions to help this out is much appreciated?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:08:35 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Martin Ranger

• My Website.
Re: Any tricks or treats to help my issues? (Win7 64bit)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 07:17:47 pm »

Start-up with 5.15 is fine for me. But I get pixelated previews and adjustments made to an image do not show up in the preview either even after the CPU usage returns to 0%.
This happened sometimes with 7.14 but 7.15 has become almost unusable.
Martin Ranger
Seattle, WA

www.martinrangerimages.com

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:58:09 pm »

BIZARRE!  I didn't know C1v5 had this issue.

Does anyone know what one might be able to do to manually give it a kick to start rendering the files?  I would hate to restart and take chunks of time to load the session.

I just installed 7.15, as 7.14 doesn't even finish launching.  And today I got a 25% off email for purchase.  what's going on?

Would I be wrong if I thought that Windows users are treated as last priority? Since most rentals of PhaseOne gear come with PC?
I will request PC based systems on my future rentals, see what they say... Otherwise, I'll just get the in-house cart setup hauled to the locations.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:24:54 pm »

BIZARRE!  I didn't know C1v5 had this issue.

Does anyone know what one might be able to do to manually give it a kick to start rendering the files?  I would hate to restart and take chunks of time to load the session.

Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear you're having these issues (my Win7 setup has been running stable since the first few updates), but (therefore) it seems something hardware related might have caused it. Maybe deleting the previews folder content, can help? I'm not 100% sure, because I've turned to working in Catalogs, but I believe that Session previews/thumbnails are stored in folders called "\CaptureOne\Cache\Proxies\*.cop" within the relevant image folders. You can then also try to change the preview image size, which could perhaps somehow affect the preview building time, but I suppose it could also add time to render previews at a larger size when you zoom in to process specific files.

Most issues seem to be caused by hardware related things like graphics card drivers. You may want to temporarily switch GPU acceleration off to see if it prevents these issues from happening again, if you get things running again.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

Thanks Bart,

I will try your suggestions out tomorrow and see what happens.  I'm using an nVidia GTX460 (HIS brand).
other components are rather standard, if there is such a thing ?
I thought it was maybe more Win users, maybe Win7 64bit in particular, as I don't have any exotic stuff. Yes running SSD which is stardard now a days, on 2556x1600 dual screen, but thats expected in this industry, but that's about it.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 02:56:45 am »

I installed 7.15, and it doesn't crash on launch like 7.14.
Deleted the cop files as you suggested Bart, and things are working for now. If this is the fix, well thanks. But I don't think I'm out of the woodworks completely.
Also when you say make previews smaller, is that in a preferences, or do you mean the size of my window of thumbs?

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 04:53:16 am »

Same crappola.  I deleted them, and maybe it started faster? But same thing, not too far into the shoot, I get pixelated previews, it stops render the image. I pull up the Focus tool, same thing!  Issues like this is starting to get old and wearing me out.  I do like the processing of C1, but whats the point if we can't have a smooth shoot. Often when an update comes up, there is a hic-up. I don't even remember anymore when this started when it went away or when it came back.

I wonder how tethering PhaseOne backs to LightRoom work. Last time I tried my DB wasn't recognized.  Anyone with a link or quick how-to?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 05:58:05 am »

Also when you say make previews smaller, is that in a preferences, or do you mean the size of my window of thumbs?

Hi Phil,

It's a setting in the Preferences (Image tab). The size of the proxies will presumably influence the speed at which the thumbs are built upon startup, I haven't tested that because it also determines the size at which one can view details when the original file is off-line.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up