Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lula Guide To Capture One 7 - Custom Workspaces?  (Read 22292 times)

gegjr

Re: Lula Guide To Capture One 7 - Custom Workspaces?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 05:55:38 am »

Will workspace download found in C1-7 tutorial work in C1-9 for Windows 10? I downloaded and extracted the plist files into c:\users\user\appdata\local\captureone\workspace and they don't appear in user workspace under the Windows menu. I noticed while in the c:\users\user\appdata\local\captureone\workspace that a workspace I created in C1-9 has a xml extension. So I changed the extensions to xml but they still don't show up. What is wrong? Can someone help, please?

Regards, GEGJr
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:46:35 am by gegjr »

gegjr

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 08:49:08 am »

The instructions for a Mac are included with the workspaces...

MAC Instructions:

Quit Capture One if running and place the two .plist files into the Workspaces folder found on the following path . .

Library> Application Support> Capture One> Workspaces

If there is not already a Workspaces folder there - just create one.

Are they available for Windows? Windows uses xml not plist.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 02:05:43 pm »

Apologies but nether Kevin nor I use Windows and have no way of generating that .xml

I will try dropping a note to David Grover at Phase to see if they can be translated...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 10:30:12 am »

According to David Grover, "There is no way to convert a mac to windows workspace.  Only way is to make it on a windows machine and save out!"

My only suggestion then (weak at best - sorry!) is that you try and set up the workspace based on the video and then save it out. BTW if you do succeed in doing this and would like to share it, please send the XML to me and I will add it to the course files.

Chris S
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up