Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bulk Off brand HP inks  (Read 1675 times)

tektrader

Bulk Off brand HP inks
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:50:20 am »

I have just bought a HP Z3100 and all the ink carts are nearly depleted. I don't really want to spend another $700 on HP carts.

Been looking at off brand  CHINESE replacements and are tilting toward buying 500ml bottles and a set of clear 250ml carts at about $300 the lot.

Has anyone bought second party ink? what brands and how did it stack up against the HP ink?

Also are the Chinese ARC chips workable ??

Thanks in advance

Peter McLennan

Re: Bulk Off brand HP inks
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 11:31:08 am »

I have just bought a HP Z3100 and all the ink carts are nearly depleted. I don't really want to spend another $700 on HP carts.

Been looking at off brand  CHINESE replacements and are tilting toward buying 500ml bottles and a set of clear 250ml carts at about $300 the lot.

Has anyone bought second party ink? what brands and how did it stack up against the HP ink?

Also are the Chinese ARC chips workable ??

Thanks in advance

Why'd you put "Chinese" in all-caps?

I've run refillable, re-settable carts and third party inks in several Epson printers (including a 4800 and a 9800) for many years with few problems and excellent IQ results.  I did have custom profiles made for each printer/ink combination.

$300 for all that ink AND the refillable carts is very inexpensive.  I'd be wary of the carts if they are chipped.  Poorly manufactured third party carts can damage the printer.  The cart bays contain contacts that interrogate the cart and those contacts can be damaged by out of tolerance carts.

I use a very reliable distributor called "MIS Associates" for carts and ink.  I'm not sure if they support your HP printer.

www.inksupply.com

tektrader

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:13:16 am »

In all CAPS cause I accidentally flicked on the cap lock and got lazy about going back and fixing it.

Will have a look at your supplier. Thanks

Looks like they don't support my printer with 12 colour ink. :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:17:05 am by tektrader »

brianrybolt

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 08:46:42 am »

I have a Z3100 - 24" and I would not mess with changing the inks.  Stick with HP.  This printer is very frugal with ink and you must have know what the ink costs were when you bought your printer.
Good luck with it.
Brian

tektrader

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:08:24 am »

Thanks Brian, My printer actually turned up today and looks in great shape. The seller told me all the carts where empty or close to it.

I had a quick look and they are all nearly full which is great news. I think he got confused that they where flashing a caution sign, when I think that means the carts are out of date.

So it turns out I only have to buy a LT grey cart which is great news.

Just looking for Win 7 drivers now and will have to go out and buy some paper to play with.  ;D  This is very exciting.

Anyone know of any cheap HP carts? ( can be out of date I don't mind)
Pages: [1]   Go Up