Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shooting infra-red landscape  (Read 550 times)

joneil

• This is what beer does to you....
Shooting infra-red landscape
« on: October 25, 2013, 08:27:31 am »

First off, thanks to this website and the articles on it in general, because when I was first looking into having one of my Nikon D7000 bodies converted to infra-red, ti was one of the articles on this site I found most useful.

Will not go into too many details, but I used to shoot a lot of Kodak HIE back in the day, so when I had my camera converted by Kolari Vision - who BTW did a great job - I choose the deep 850mm filter.   You have to shoot in all black & white at this point, but that's cool for m because i am colour blind.  :)

Two posts here, because the jps are kinda big.   Shoot these just about a week ago.  A local area called "The Coves" which is is a cut off area from the local river.  Taken a couple hours before sunset.   D7000, 24mm F2.8 manual focus Nikkor, stopped down to either F8 or F5.6, cannot remember. Yeah, I know, just look up the data - too lazy.
:)

I set my D7000 to three shots, one on, one at one stop over, one at one stop under.  Presented here for your enjoyment.  I do find, great fun in processing these shots for HDR in Photoshop (all in black & white), but these shots are right from the camera, no processing - except - i had to make the files smaller than original to upload them here.

enjoy

joneil

Re: Shooting infra-red landscape
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 08:28:24 am »

Number two....

joneil

Re: Shooting infra-red landscape
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 08:30:11 am »

..and number three.   One thing about shooting in infra-red - I read everywhere on the internet that hte 28mm F2.8 Nikkor as a "bad" lens for IR, but my own experince is the opposite.  You have to test and try out for yourself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up