Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony A7R - noisy shutter!  (Read 5186 times)

narikin

Sony A7R - noisy shutter!
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:50:23 pm »

Just a note to say I tried to A7/ A7R at Photo East today, and was pretty disappointed with how noisy it is. Its a really LOUD actuation when you press the shutter, and quite a surprise.  

Yes, I appreciate its a focal plane camera, but it is one of the noisiest I've heard, and to my mind, that rather defeats the purpose of having a small, discreet body, for high quality candid work. With this amount of attention drawing noise, you may think why not continue with a D800/E, which seems quieter, despite having a mirror!

The Sony RX1/R seemed destined for discounting with the A7R providing 36Mp and interchangeable lenses in a similar sized body/price range. But I guess the RX1 has a future as the silent FF pro pocket camera, and in fact the the A7/R now seems a little unclear, to me at least, what it's concept is meant to be?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:52:43 pm by narikin »

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Sony A7R - noisy shutter!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:54 pm »

Hi,

I guess that making a silent camera is not Sony's top priority.

Best regards
Erik

Just a note to say I tried to A7/ A7R at Photo East today, and was pretty disappointed with how noisy it is. Its a really LOUD actuation when you press the shutter, and quite a surprise.  

Yes, I appreciate its a focal plane camera, but it is one of the noisiest I've heard, and to my mind, that rather defeats the purpose of having a small, discreet body, for high quality candid work. With this amount of attention drawing noise, you may think why not continue with a D800/E, which seems quieter, despite having a mirror!

The Sony RX1/R seemed destined for discounting with the A7R providing 36Mp and interchangeable lenses in a similar sized body/price range. But I guess the RX1 has a future as the silent FF pro pocket camera, and in fact the the A7/R now seems a little unclear, to me at least, what it's concept is meant to be?
Erik Kaffehr

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 05:55:40 am »

Perhaps it is possible to turn the camera sounds off in the menu?

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 10:03:01 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up