Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identifiable people in my new photo book--permissions needed?  (Read 16154 times)

Floyd Davidson

• Images From Barrow Alaska
Re: Identifiable people in my new photo book--permissions needed?
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2013, 04:33:50 pm »

Floyd, you really ought to check Michael's lead-in to The Coffee Corner: "It is assumed (and required) that posters conduct themselves in a civil and adult manner." The operative word is "required." Most of us have watched several people disappear permanently from LuLa because they either didn't read, or didn't understand that word. I'm not sure which of those shortcomings is your personal problem, but you might want to ponder the situation and see if you can figure it out. Of course, the other possible course is to leave LuLa voluntarily. That would remove the possibility of future embarrassment.

Projection is not an appropriate method of discussion.  The fact that you tend to post insults doesn't mean that someone else is not acting in a civil and adult manner.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2013, 05:05:51 pm »

Floyd, you really need to pay closer attention. Try re-reading Michael's lead-in. Here it is again: " "It is assumed (and required) that posters conduct themselves in a civil and adult manner." Maybe I need to post it in uppercase.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2013, 05:08:44 pm »

Maybe this will be of help Russ....

I little bit hidden feature... go to your own profile... anyway, the picture tells it all:

P.S. It applies both to posts and messages

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

RSL

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2013, 05:40:44 pm »

Yeah, I know about that capability Jeremy, but I like to see what's going on, even when it's bone-rattling, terminal stupidity. Thanks for reminding me, though. I'll admit, sometimes it's tempting.

Floyd Davidson

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »

Floyd, you really need to pay closer attention. Try re-reading Michael's lead-in. Here it is again: " "It is assumed (and required) that posters conduct themselves in a civil and adult manner." Maybe I need to post it in uppercase.

I like to see what's going on, even when it's bone-rattling, terminal stupidity.

Maybe you should follow the forum rules.  You might try treating others with respect, staying on topic, and leaving out the gratuitous personal insults and the condescending proclaimations.  And cease claiming it's someone else too.

RSL

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2013, 09:26:45 pm »

Sorry, Floyd. Are you taking a suggestion that you read and understand the Luminous Landscape rules as an insult? I can't imagine why you'd come to a conclusion like that. And if you assume my mention of bone-rattling, terminal stupidity applies to you then perhaps you're reading things into this thread that simply aren't there.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 12:27:05 am »

My own very short "ignore" list has just gotten bigger by one.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Ray

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 03:45:23 am »

I'm sure you all must be aware that to ignore is to be ignorant of, unaware of, or to put it bluntly, to be an ignoramus. To deliberately put oneself in a position of ignorance seems a strange attitude to me.

I've never put anyone on an ignore list. Maybe that's because I intuitively believe that anyone, no matter how cantankerous, stubborn or wrong-headed he may appear to be, may eventually have something useful to say.

As regards the comments of Floyd Davidson in this thread, I see nothing egregiously offensive, nor more insulting than certain comments from others, including Russ. The most inflammatory comment in this thread, in my view, is that from Mezzoduomo on page 1.

Floyd Davidson

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 04:24:13 am »

Sorry, Floyd. Are you taking a suggestion that you read and understand the Luminous Landscape rules as an insult? I can't imagine why you'd come to a conclusion like that.

What you quoted wasn't about reading rules.  You attitutde in the statement I quoted and lack of integrity in your followup is exactly what I referenced.

And if you assume my mention of bone-rattling, terminal stupidity applies to you then perhaps you're reading things into this thread that simply aren't there.

You still don't get it.   Your insulting anyone is unnacceptable.  My comment on it is simply a call for justice...  "There will be justice in Athens when those who are not injured are as outraged as those who are.' --Thucydides

Let me spell it out for you Russ:  You post complaints saying others are not following the rules of forum etiquette, but first off the people you say that of actually are following them, secondly you are not, and thirdly the very article complaining about it is an example of the insulting manner typical of your posts.

Falsely claiming others are guilty of what you typically do is the "projection" previiously mentioned.

Floyd Davidson

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 04:38:10 am »

I'm sure you all must be aware that to ignore is to be ignorant of, unaware of, or to put it bluntly, to be an ignoramus. To deliberately put oneself in a position of ignorance seems a strange attitude to me.

I've never put anyone on an ignore list. Maybe that's because I intuitively believe that anyone, no matter how cantankerous, stubborn or wrong-headed he may appear to be, may eventually have something useful to say.

True, but it is also true that even worse are these announcements that someone is being ignored.   And of course after that is announced there are still replies to articles, clearly indicating it was all a fabrication just meant to be a personal insult.

Plus these sorts of insults don't usually mean the person insulted is "wrong-headed" so much as it means they have argued in such a way that those who disagree are left with nothing to counter with except an insult.  That isn't "wrong-headed", it's more like thorough.

I personally dearly wish that more of the folks who cannot be civil, cannot respond with reason and logic, and instead post little other than insults, would simply put me on ignore!  I'm the one who benefits, and they lose.

The most inflammatory comment in this thread, in my view, is that from Mezzoduomo on page 1.

That was a very hilarious post!  People don't realize just how self illuminating the average attempt at massive Ad Hominem can be!  In trying to find insults that will emotionally injure their target, generally a person they really know nothing about, they have to find something "insulting", and the only source is what it is that would insult them.  Usually they find it insulting because they know it is self applicable.  Hence any list of generalities is generally more about the writer, not the target.

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 05:13:50 am »

So Floyd - you are the innocent victim of an outraged mass of forum lunatics?
No involvement on your side?
Nitpicking more and more won't help.
And claiming to be the victim of an ad hominem attack in a discussion imo is just way over the top in your case.

You're causing trouble not because you're right or a misunderstood outsider or something.
You are no victim.
Its something different I can only fantasize about but won't do that publicly since I can't really judge
with my limited knowledge of you as a person. It is your job to reflect that for yourself.

To me as someone who has no issues with you and who is just following the discussions here
what I see from you to me appears overly rude.

Its a good sign for this forum, that there are people trying to see your side too.

But I think its finally time you start seeing your own part and involvement in this.
Not only in this, finally utterly destroyed thread, but in others too.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:31:29 am by Christoph C. Feldhaim »

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2013, 05:19:47 am »

Well what I learnt from Floyd's posts before I hid them them is that it's a waste of time debating with him as he redefines English if you show evidence for or prove an alternative point of view. Which seeing as he had a rant about someone else doing just that, it is somewhat hypocritical. As is bleating about about non-existent personal insults whilst slyly or openly insulting everyone else. In general he sneers at us posting on Lula as we are not 'authoritative' like the people he quotes endlessly, so our views do not count. So no point communicating with him really.

I usually like to think that but in this case it's more like a crocodile chewing on your leg and thinking I won't do anything yet, as I may learn something from it.

As regards the comments of Floyd Davidson in this thread, I see nothing egregiously offensive, nor more insulting than certain comments from others, including Russ. The most inflammatory comment in this thread, in my view, is that from Mezzoduomo on page 1.
Think of this thread as being the straw that broke the camel's back. Others had already blocked him.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Floyd Davidson

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 06:56:59 am »

Well what I learnt from Floyd's posts before I hid them them is that it's a waste of time debating with him as he redefines English if you show evidence for or prove an alternative point of view. Which seeing as he had a rant about someone else doing just that, it is somewhat hypocritical. As is bleating about about non-existent personal insults whilst slyly or openly insulting everyone else.In general he sneers at us posting on Lula as we are not 'authoritative' like the people he quotes endlessly, so our views do not count. So no point communicating with him really.

That relates only to you and not to what I have said.

For example, quoting facts and expert opinion does make it a little difficult for you, but that is not sneering at everyone or even at you.  It's just providing valid discussion rather than emotionsl distraction.

And then the question is why you are sneering...  for example at someone for posting facts that really can't be disputed.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 07:16:46 am »

Enough. Please move on to something more productive. Topic closed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up