Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive  (Read 1839 times)

tektrader

Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:52:35 pm »

I finally managed to get a large format printer for a reasonable price, A HP Z3100.

So now I am looking for a Paper similar to Crystal Archive that I can use with it. Any options please People?

hugowolf

Re: Looking for an inkjet printable version of Fuji Crystal archive
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »

I finally managed to get a large format printer for a reasonable price, A HP Z3100.

So now I am looking for a Paper similar to Crystal Archive that I can use with it. Any options please People?

For all of its fancy name, it is a fairly standard RC paper. Any decent, mid weight lustre RC paper should work just fine. I am sure that HP have something similar, but I use Epson Premium Lustre 260 gsm. If you are in the US, Red River has a selection of inexpensive mid weight papers.

Brian A

tektrader

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:25:16 pm »

Are there pearl versions of any of these Brian ? ( thanks for the reply BTW )

hugowolf

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:48:35 pm »

Are there pearl versions of any of these Brian ? ( thanks for the reply BTW )

The problem with the selection of these types of papers, one manufacture's pearl could be more like another's lustre. It is the whole semi-matte, semi-gloss, lustre, pearl, satin, silk thing.

The only way to be sure is to buy sample packs: Canson, Hahnemühle (gloss pack), and Ilford, would be good starting places.

Brian A
Pages: [1]   Go Up