Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Printer price drops / new Pro printer announcements  (Read 2124 times)

Gary Damaskos

Pro Printer price drops / new Pro printer announcements
« on: October 23, 2013, 12:12:42 pm »

Just curious if any one thinks or knows or speculates if PhotoPlus International (or just November and December coming) may generate price drops (ie 3880 <$929) or brother or sisters to the R3000 / Pro-1 announcements?

Please share.
I keep thinking price drop is coming - sure - but in my lifetime, or soon. I am looking at the 3880 and the Pro-1. I really prefer the 17x22 and am pleased with all the positive reports about the performance and little problems with clogging from the 3880. That and that the newer generation is only somewhat or slightly better in print quality.
Thanks.

darinb

Re: Pro Printer price drops / new Pro printer announcements
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 03:27:09 pm »

I just bought a 3880 (I also have a 3800) for around $929 after rebate--there is (or was) a $200 rebate being offered on these. The Epson store has them in stock as refurbs once in a while but at about the same price. Great printer.

--Darin

Sal Baker

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:15:04 pm »

Based on past performance, you won't see further price drops on the 3880 until it's discontinued and replaced by a new model.  Epson always announces new 38xx series printers in late summer with delivery around the first of the year.  So a replacement for the 3880 might happen in a year or so.  Or, maybe not based on the 3880 popularity.

Sal

BrianWJH

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:47:07 pm »

Based on past performance, you won't see further price drops on the 3880 until it's discontinued and replaced by a new model.  Epson always announces new 38xx series printers in late summer with delivery around the first of the year.  So a replacement for the 3880 might happen in a year or so.  Or, maybe not based on the 3880 popularity.

Sal

Well, here in Oz, ink refills for the 3880/3800 have dropped by around 20% and for as long as I can remember Epson don't often discount the 3880 models here much, recently they were offering a $200.00 discount for the 3880.

On top of that, OP's have commented on the difficulty in getting immediate delivery of various Epson printers (eg. 7980) in the US, all of which leads me to think they are getting ready for a release of new models and possibly new ink formulations early in the new year, we'll see...

Brian.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:11:46 pm by BrianWJH »

slackercruster

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:01:46 pm »

OP, I don't know. The 3880 is a very fine printer. If it had Epson Vivid and gloss optimizer I would we completely satisfied.

Gary Damaskos

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 10:07:17 am »

One of the Midwest suppliers sales staff, was saying probably 2 or more years for the 3880 due to its popularity. Amazing and the iPF5100 I hear does NOT get bought at all these days - of course Canon won't budge on the price for an unknown reason. So it indeed does look like the R3000 and Pro-1 will eventually come out in other sizes, larger sizes. Just all of us guessing when. The mid west supplier salesman suspected not this year however. As far as price for 3880, we have the $200 rebate since Sept. In spring it was $250 and summer 2012 it was $300. So now my question for me is - what will happen in November/December? I would love to see that $300 rebate and bring it down to $829. I will buy if that happens next week. Thanks for sharing everyone. Continue of course if you want.

Paul Ozzello

• www.paulozzello.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:31:12 am »

One of the Midwest suppliers sales staff, was saying probably 2 or more years for the 3880 due to its popularity. Amazing and the iPF5100 I hear does NOT get bought at all these days - of course Canon won't budge on the price for an unknown reason. So it indeed does look like the R3000 and Pro-1 will eventually come out in other sizes, larger sizes. Just all of us guessing when. The mid west supplier salesman suspected not this year however. As far as price for 3880, we have the $200 rebate since Sept. In spring it was $250 and summer 2012 it was $300. So now my question for me is - what will happen in November/December? I would love to see that $300 rebate and bring it down to $829. I will buy if that happens next week. Thanks for sharing everyone. Continue of course if you want.

Just buy it now and start printing, you'll be spending much more on ink alone :)

Sal Baker

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 11:34:01 am »

The best prices on Canon and Epson pro printers were indeed at lowest levels last November/December.  At least in the US I don't see any lack of availability of Epson printers.  Major retailers like B&H have them alternating between in stock or 7-14 day delivery depending on the model and when your looking.  This has been the normal availability for some time.

Sal
Pages: [1]   Go Up