Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP 70 ink twin packs  (Read 3087 times)

chichornio

HP 70 ink twin packs
« on: October 21, 2013, 12:41:27 pm »

Would anyone recommend me where I can buy in the US HP 70 and HP 73 (chromatic red) ink on twin packs?I live in Argentina and it´s very difficult to buy the inks here. I know that the twin packs have been discontinued, but I´ve seen some sellers at Amazon or e-bay, but I don´t have any reference from them.
All the twin packs must be shipped and delivered inside the US. A friend of mine will be bringing the items for me. I can pay using Credit Card or PayPal.
Thanks!

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: HP 70 ink twin packs
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »

Fwiw, I haven’t been able to find any twin packs for about the last year. The last time I tried to buy some, the seller cancelled the order. I have been buying single packs at Staples, but have not bought the HP 73 red as I only recently acquired a Z3200 which uses it, where my Z3100 did not.

Roscolo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:38:10 pm »

Another in a long series of epic bungles by HP. When HP discontinued the twin packs, it made my decision to buy a Canon ipf that much easier.

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »

As far as I know HP officially stopped selling twin packs last year.
Only single cartridges now with an added cost of 35% or so.

Best regards.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:46:53 pm »

Yep, the twin packs were a BIG part of what made it such an economical printer :(

chichornio

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:02:51 pm »

Well then...what should we do? I a proud owner of my z3200ps for the last 4 years, I ask myself (maybe you too):

1- Should we rise our labor/print services because HP decided NOT to help us in keeping the Z`s running at a lower prices?
or
2- We must sell our printers and become a Canon´s or Epson`s new owners.

If someone from HP is listening...you are making a BAD MOVE (unless you are designing a new z3300 with BIGGER ink tanks). I really love my printer (z3200ps 44" with not any mayor trouble in the last 4 years of service). But costs keep rising every year.
I don´t know what I should do. What do you think?

"From the south end of the world..."

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:05:36 pm »

Sold mine HP no longer holds any advantage.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 04:06:00 am »

Alarmed by the messages here I went to my usual ink + head supplier and compared the single pack HP 70 carts 130 ML with the Canon 330 ML carts for the iPF8400. I have a low volume business so I am not at all interested in 700 ML carts, even 330 ML for red, green and blue will give headaches in my case, I think.

My experience tells me that 10 ML ink per square meter is a good average on the Z3200. For the Z3200 that means 4,- Euro, for the Canon iPF8400 it is 3,69 Euro. An 8% difference. It is a rough computation where I consider the ink consumption the same for both. Paper price should be the same for both printers but is usually a larger portion of the square meter price, ranging from 4 to 20 Euro a square meter in my case.  Then I checked the replacement of all 6 HP heads versus the two heads of the Canon: HP 270,24 Euro, Canon 657,02 Euro. Maintenance tank does not exist for the HP models.

Divide a square meter price by 11 for a square foot price. Quoted prices are without VAT.

I still think a low volume user like me could be quite happy with an HP Z3200. I doubt the total costs per square meter including maintenance are higher for the Z. It is different for a print shop that needs several 700 ML carts a month, Canon printers shouldn't be idle where I do not see issues when the HPs do not work for some weeks.

YMMV

--
Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
July 2013, 500+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:08:42 am by Ernst Dinkla »

chichornio

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 08:29:44 am »

I use my z3200ps mainly for business. When I had the chance to buy HP70 twin packs, it was very convenient, because the printer was very frugal on ink and trouble free.
Not any more.
I´m paying about $100 (us$ dollars) for each cartridge here in Argentina (it´s $70 on b&h, $85 at staples, but paying import taxes in Argentina rises the price at about us$95). A complete set will be about $1.200.
Any theory on why HP discontinued the twins? A future update of the printer is coming?

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 12:16:17 pm »

I predict HP discontinued the twin packs in the bold guise of making more money.

From what Ernst describes above, the printer is still competitive overall compared to other, similar printers. You have to reason that the people in accounting for all printer manufacturers look closely at the operational costs of their and their competitors, and set prices accordingly.

I just bought a Z3200 PS and according to a HP tech I spoke with, the Z3200 PS was very recently re-designed. They call it the “B” series of Z3200 PS. Not sure, but I think it was about a year or so ago that HP was blowing out the last of the “A” series Z3200 PS printers. HP has 2 other 8 color inkjet printers but this is their only 12 color printer. The tech said HP has no plans to replace the Z3200 PS printer any time soon. Given the amount of training these techs receive, they may actually know what they’re talking about.

The costs for everything has gone up recently. I’m not happy with it, and sure no one else is but its amounts to the cost of doing business. I too am a fairly low volume user. At least Staples offers some discounts on iink and also quick turnaround. It’s the best I could find.

As a repeat buyer, of HP Z series printer I’m clearly a member of the loyalty band. I greatly value the built-in ability to calibrate and profile papers. If not for this, buying extra hardware to do so would be a notable added cost and I imagine much more of a headache to use. Of course I have never tried to use 3rd party tools for this…
Pages: [1]   Go Up