Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graveyard Bridge  (Read 1165 times)

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
Graveyard Bridge
« on: October 17, 2013, 02:29:36 pm »

This is a bridge from the Ohlsdorf graveyard in Hamburg, which with 391 Hektar is the largest Park Graveyard in the world and in my opinion a must-see for photographers visiting Hamburg. You can happily leave out any of the usual tourist stuff for that gem of photographic opportunities. I like it a lot and visit it from time to time for a stroll and taking some images.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:04:00 pm by Christoph C. Feldhaim »

Harald L

Re: Graveyard Bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:18:52 pm »

Indeed, the Ohldorf graveyard is worth every walk and can't be promoted enough. Fortunately most tourists don't visit it. It's a great location for every landscape photographer. I like this photo although the sky on the left side seems to be a tad too dark, the toning looks somewhat strange.

Harald

PS: Nice to have another guy from Hamburg here.
Glad to be an amateur

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 05:48:18 pm »

Very pretty.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

aduke

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 06:23:06 pm »

A wonderful photograph.

From the maps and photography from Google Earth, this seems to be a fairly large park, approximately 3.5km by 1.5km. Do you have a favorite part? Or does one need to have sufficient time to wander around the whole area?

As almost yearly visitor to Germany, as well as one who generally avoids large cities, We rarely have the time to survey such a space.

Thanks

Alan

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 02:15:38 am »

Quite lovely, except for all of the water pouring out the right side of the frame. ;)

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 03:01:05 am »

Thanks for all the nice words everyone ... :)

From the maps and photography from Google Earth, this seems to be a fairly large park, approximately 3.5km by 1.5km. Do you have a favorite part? Or does one need to have sufficient time to wander around the whole area?

You'd not be able to cover the whole area in one visit.
The website is here: http://www.friedhof-hamburg.de/ohlsdorf/
But there is an information center and a map of it to be had, so you can pick what might interest you.
I do not yet know the area so good to give any recommendations, but wandering around with a map will let you stumble from one nice spot to the next.

... the sky on the left side seems to be a tad too dark, the toning looks somewhat strange.

Yes - some crazy post was done, which did something bad to the sky in the upper left corner which I unfortunately overlooked. I'll fix that asap. Sorry for that.

Cheers
~Chris

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 10:53:12 am »

Quite lovely, except for all of the water pouring out the right side of the frame
spot on
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up