Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kelby WWW That as a bad title regarding the dignity, regardless  (Read 5846 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Kelby WWW That as a bad title regarding the dignity, regardless
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:34:33 am »

of the intended semi-humor. My apologies.

But on a better note, I won our local Kelby Walk with this image. Hey, it got me a LR5 How to Book and even though it rained like caca all but five minutes of the shoot, it was still fun to get together with fellow photo enthusiasts.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:03:12 am by Chris Calohan »
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

robdickinson

Re: Kelby WWW That as a bad title regarding the dignity, regardless
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:35 pm »

Nice, have to go pick my walk winner..!

stamper

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:08:50 am »

Very likeable. Is the effect purely down to the rain, or have you added a subtle filter effect to the image? Either way it works. It makes me think more about shooting in the rain, which I don't normally do without having a good reason. :)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 06:46:29 am »

All rain. I steadied my camera on the steering wheel because setting up a tripod in a Mini is not close to being in the reality scheme and did a three shot bracket in several different configurations of aperture/shutter combos and even did a couple where I changed focus from the windscreen to the building and did some layer blending. In the end, I chose the one best exposure for the building which also allowed for enough water and rain to emerge.

I know several people who consistently shooting in wet conditions, and while I have a decent rain sleeve, it still causes me enough anxiety to not frequent the idea too often. In this case, we had a two-hour window to shoot and though it did clear for a whole five minutes, I didn't know it would until nearly the end of the walk. My momma always said: "When on the highway, never pass up a bathroom," to which I've added, "never pass up the shot; if it's there, take it." I did. Thanks.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 06:48:11 pm »

As much as I refuse to contribute to Mr. K's personality cult building, and participate in anything with his name, since you are my friend, my sincere congratulations!

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 06:51:57 pm »

+1, Slobodan. I'm not a Kelby fan either. As I said in one book review: if you can stand his writing style, which resembles a five-year-old trying to impress the family's guests, you might actually learn something.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 12:18:13 am »

I do it so much more for the getting together with other brothers and sisters of the same photographic cloth as anything else. I am pretty much ambivalent as to Kelby's style of drivel. I find him to be useful to some degree when I first started my exploration of Photoshop but outgrew him faster than my son outgrew a new pair of tennis shoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up