Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Shout-Out: The Edge Gallery  (Read 1668 times)

ron ritcher

A Shout-Out: The Edge Gallery
« on: October 11, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »

A couple weeks ago, I had the pleasure of stopping in the Edge Gallery in Moab (twice, as it were), and was most impressed!  While Bret was off in search of fall color up toward Salt Lake City, I met and chatted with his wife and soaked up the gorgeous work on display.  His wife (and I apologize for not recalling her name), was very patient, full of answers, and eager to offer advice for what to see and when.  Apparently, she's not a photographer, but was aware of Bret's style, equipment, and processes -- and was quite willing to share with me.  I left the gallery full of warm feelings and inspiration -- then managed to capture several images I've been coveting, hoping to finally nab, for a very long time.

I see that Bret hangs around LuLa, often responding in this folder, always with helpful, detailed answers for potential travelers to southern Utah. He (and his wife) deserve a large "thank-you", and I strongly urge you to drop by the Edge Gallery whenever you are anywhere near Moab -- and in the meantime, find it online.

I'd be remiss to ignore Tom Till's superb gallery just a block up the street.  Wonderfully varied (both thematically and in terms of equipment used) images and a welcoming staff, eager to help.  Don't miss this one either!

Ron

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
Re: A Shout-Out: The Edge Gallery
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 12:36:04 pm »

Wow, Ron - thank you so much!  :)

Melissa and I are thrilled you had a good experience at our gallery and we very much appreciate your sharing your positive thoughts here in the forum.  I hope I'm around to meet you on your next visit to the area.  We both enjoy meeting and chatting with other photographers and we're happy to answer questions about our little backyard, even if you just need to know where to get a good pizza or the best beer in Moab!

DaveJ

Re: A Shout-Out: The Edge Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 07:45:49 am »

I also had a great time visiting the gallery last June and had a great conversation with Brett's wife regarding places to shoot around Moab. She gave me a good tip about being able to shoot a starburst at Mesa Arch well after sunrise.
Dave Jolley
http://www.pbase.com/hockingphotos
Pages: [1]   Go Up