Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Hard Drive help  (Read 1641 times)

astronut80920

External Hard Drive help
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:45:37 pm »

I recently had one of my hard drives crash.  Of course it held my photos & all, but no problem since I faithfully back up my photos and library.  Since I suspected this would happen because of the way the HD was acting, a long time ago, I also backed up all my photos on another HD and added them to the LR library (mirror image) under a different drive letter so I can still access them.  I just completed re-setting up all my collections on the good drive so I am good to go.  What I want to do next is remove the crashed drive from the library.  After much research, I came upon the obvious:  just remove all the folders from the bad drive, no sense in having them all show up with the dreaded "?" they are just in the way.  Is this a correct assumption?  I don't want to do this and then find out I messed up the folders in the other drive that has identical folder designations but different drive letter

Thanks,
Jim L.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
Re: External Hard Drive help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 09:19:26 pm »

You just select what you want to remove in LR, right click, delete, remove from library (or from disk if you want to).  When everything is gone, the drive letter disappears from the list.

astronut80920

Re: External Hard Drive help
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »

Thanks for the answer.  I thought that was the case, just wanted to make sure.

Jim L.
Pages: [1]   Go Up