Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: creating camera icc profile for phase one IQ160  (Read 2179 times)

issa

creating camera icc profile for phase one IQ160
« on: October 09, 2013, 02:30:29 pm »

This is not a question how you shoot and create an ICC profile, The question is one you have the captured image and uploaded to C1, what settings if any do you do, do you apply any WB correction what input profile do you use, also what color space if any do you export your file, as I can't see no color profile C1 export ICC Profile drop down.
Issa

Beds, UK

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: creating camera icc profile for phase one IQ160
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:22:02 pm »

This is not a question how you shoot and create an ICC profile, The question is one you have the captured image and uploaded to C1, what settings if any do you do, do you apply any WB correction what input profile do you use, also what color space if any do you export your file, as I can't see no color profile C1 export ICC Profile drop down.

I'd love to help (and probably many others here would too) but a lot of your question doesn't make sense or doesn't have context.

Perhaps you could back up and tell us what you are doing, what you are trying to accomplish, and what is and is not working for you at the moment.

It's possible it's a language barrier.

(I hope you read this in the write tone; I am not making fun of you, but am only clarifying that right now it's hard to read what your question is about)

Vladimirovich

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:30:37 pm »

are you asking how to use C1 itself to convert a raw file with a target to use the resulting output (.tiff) for icc/icm profile creation afterwards ? you might be better off skipping raw conversion in C1 at all for that purpose and using tools like rawdigger ( http://www.rawdigger.com/usermanual/selection-grid ) which in addition help you to evaluate the quality of your target capture (whether the light is sufficiently even across the whole target, exposure is proper, etc)

issa

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:57:56 pm »

No offence taken Doug.

I took a shot of a colour checker SG using IQ160, and want to convert the raw file to tiff with no colour correction to send to Imatch to create a camera icc profile. Normally you save these tiff files with no colour correction or colour space applied, i,e un-managed. Since capture one uses the IQ160 default colour space, I was wondering which input profile to use.

I have since discovered under ICC Profile and effects Phase one has "no colour correction" profile, is that the one to use, also when it comes to exporting , what output profile to use, "I noticed embed camera profile again"

I'd love to help (and probably many others here would too) but a lot of your question doesn't make sense or doesn't have context.

Perhaps you could back up and tell us what you are doing, what you are trying to accomplish, and what is and is not working for you at the moment.

It's possible it's a language barrier.

(I hope you read this in the write tone; I am not making fun of you, but am only clarifying that right now it's hard to read what your question is about)
Issa

Beds, UK

issa

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »

Yes that is what I am trying to do.
However, I think I should use C1 to convert the raw file to tiff, as I will be using the profile within C1, and would not want to bring a third party into the workflow, to minimise any issues.

are you asking how to use C1 itself to convert a raw file with a target to use the resulting output (.tiff) for icc/icm profile creation afterwards ? you might be better off skipping raw conversion in C1 at all for that purpose and using tools like rawdigger ( http://www.rawdigger.com/usermanual/selection-grid ) which in addition help you to evaluate the quality of your target capture (whether the light is sufficiently even across the whole target, exposure is proper, etc)
Issa

Beds, UK

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:07:19 pm »

I have since discovered under ICC Profile and effects Phase one has "no colour correction" profile, is that the one to use, also when it comes to exporting , what output profile to use, "I noticed embed camera profile again"

Yes, embed camera profile will avoid any color conversion.

issa

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 05:12:03 pm »

Yes, embed camera profile will avoid any color conversion.

Thanks
Issa

Beds, UK

Vladimirovich

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 05:25:49 pm »

However, I think I should use C1 to convert the raw file to tiff, as I will be using the profile within C1
but you are creating a profile using a 3rd party tool... the point in using rawdigger is that you can analyze the quality of the capture (but then you can analyze the capture and indeed generate .tiff from C1 if that is what you want to do) and make cgats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up