Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1PRO 7.1.4 "Print to File"  (Read 4810 times)

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

C1PRO 7.1.4 "Print to File"
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »

I recently submitted a support request to vote for a "Print to JPEG" option in C1PRO's printing functionality. I was trying to make Diptychs and I can't find the option anywhere in the 7.1.4. Did I overlook something?

I am on a PC with Windows 7 (latest and Home Premium) version.

I know C1PRO between MACs and PCs are slightly different. I would like to have the auto-hide tool panel under the "VIEW" menu for Windows version of C1PRO as well.

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
Re: C1PRO 7.1.4 "Print to File"
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 08:39:22 am »

1. Select File > Print
2. Choose a layout template in the Templates tool
3. Adjust the margin sliders in the Margins tool
4. Adjust Row, Columns, Spacing and Cell Size in the Layout tool

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 02:14:04 am »

Buongiorno Roberto,

I know how to Print. My question was C1PRO7.1.4's ability to "Print to JPEG" for the PURPOSE of making diptychs and triptychs. I was demoing Lightroom 5.2 and when in LR's "Print" module, I could layout the two images I wanted as diptychs or even a triptych and choose "Print to JPEG." What it does is that the software prints my diptych to wherever in the JPEG format.

The point being is that I won't have to take the two images into Photoshop and run something like Tych Panel . . . altogether saving me time.

I hope the clarification make sense.

I am an experienced user of C1PRO, been using the software since December 2008 with their 3.7.8 version.

Thank you for your time.

Ron

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 09:08:56 am »

Buongiorno Roberto,

I know how to Print. My question was C1PRO7.1.4's ability to "Print to JPEG" for the PURPOSE of making diptychs and triptychs. I was demoing Lightroom 5.2 and when in LR's "Print" module, I could layout the two images I wanted as diptychs or even a triptych and choose "Print to JPEG." What it does is that the software prints my diptych to wherever in the JPEG format.

The point being is that I won't have to take the two images into Photoshop and run something like Tych Panel . . . altogether saving me time.

I hope the clarification make sense.

I am an experienced user of C1PRO, been using the software since December 2008 with their 3.7.8 version.

Thank you for your time.

Ron

I am not 100% clear what you are trying to do.  Perhaps you can show an image of exactly what you want to print?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »

Hi David,

At the time of the original post, I wrote to P1 Tech Support and they answered me and also replied that my suggestion made sense and it will be considered a feature to add-on later. Let me try again without uploading a YouTube video.

Case: User wants to make a diptych (DT) or triptych (TT) without leaving the C1PRO interface. Normally, if you wanted to make a DT or TT, you have to select two or three images you like and lay them out on a Photoshop (PS) new canvas size. Right? I found out there is a free solution called "Tych Panel." BUT . . . Let's suppose: wouldn't it be better if the user could remain in the C1PRO interface and make the DD or TT?

Enter the "Print to JPEG."

In C1PRO, I know that if I select Image 1 and Image 2 and click "Print" under the the File menu, I could arrange Image 1 and Image 2 into a [1, 2] matrix. What if you don't want to print to paper? Enter the "Print to JPEG" command so that the image could be printed as a JPEG anywhere on your hard drive to be UPLOADED to website or imported back into the C1PRO catalog for presentation or whatever purpose.

Right now, there isn't a "Print to JPEG" command for this exact purpose. All I am saying is that if something (like this) could be done within the C1PRO interface without having to export into PS, don't you think it is WORKFLOW-enhancing?! Isn't the professional workflow the motto of C1PRO?

C1PRO's biggest competition software—LR 5.2—have this feature. This past week, I have been using my trial of 5.2 to make DDs and TTs for my website portfolio.

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 07:32:41 am »

Well, I use Capture One on a Mac.
I'm able to save the print file as PDF for Apple Preview, and then to export from Preview in jpeg format.

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 12:20:21 pm »

OK . . . how many steps did that take you?

Wouldn't it be BETTER and more WORKFLOW-enhancing, if there was simply a command to "Print to JPEG" in making your diptych or triptych? :-)

That was my entire point with the feature request. If you agree with me, please log into your PhaseONE account and write a a vote for "Print to JPEG" in the Print functionality of C1PRO.

Roberto Frieri

• www.robertofrieri.net
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 12:23:27 pm »

Yes, that's right, I agree with you.

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:34:52 pm »

Thanks!

If anyone agree with Robert and I, please log into your PhaseONE account and let P1 know of this workflow-enhancing feature request. Since it is being "printed to JPEG," also ask for an ability to specify background color, where the images are overlaid (or placed) above. This past week, I have been using the trial version of LR 5.2 to make my diptychs. I could specify the background color and all the good stuff. My website's background has the glocal color of #222222. That is the hex value I specify when my diptychs in LR 5.2 are being "printed to JPEG" command.

Thank you for reading.
Pages: [1]   Go Up