Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help printing to Canon ipf8400  (Read 1891 times)

MrMike77

Help printing to Canon ipf8400
« on: October 08, 2013, 02:18:25 am »

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum and need some help with a new printer.

I just recently switched from an Epson 7890 to a Canon 8400. I'm setting up the printer and I was wondering if anyone here has some tips and tricks printing to Premier imaging Generations Satin Canvas. Or just printing to canvas in general I guess. I'm looking for settings suggestions in the print dialogue box that will get me close to the same results I was seeing with my Epson. The prints seem to be darker and with a warmer (red) cast to them. I had a similar problem with dark prints on my Epson until I found the correct settings.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

ftbt

Re: Help printing to Canon ipf8400
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:46:55 am »

I have an 8300 and print a lot of canvas, but I use BC Lyve exclusively. BC has a pretty decent profile and great tech support, and that helped me get the printer dialed in. You may want to ask your question here:

http://canonipf.wikispaces.com

mg73

Re: Help printing to Canon ipf8400
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 09:18:53 am »

Mike,
I have and 8400 and print almost exclusively on Epson Exhibition gloss canvas which I then gallery wrap on heavy duty stretcher bars and spray with Glamour II by BC.  I had to have a custom profile made since, of course, epson doesn't provide profiles for printers other than their own printers.

I used to print with the same canvas on a Epson 7600 with the canned profiles from epson.  I am very satisfied with the resulting prints on the 8400.  The colors are deep and rich.  If color accuracy is an absolute requirement for you then you may have to play with a profile or two to dial it in exactly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up