Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem when tagging images with gps-data  (Read 1798 times)

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
problem when tagging images with gps-data
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:03:27 pm »

Hello,

today I experienced a strange problem - and I'm not sure whether this is a problem with Lr 5.2 / WIndows or my own doing :

I've loaded a tracklog into Lr for the whole day. Then I marked all images shot for this specific day and marked them with the gps-data. Early in the morning, I shot some images where the gps was not switched on, so the gps data is missing. But Lr tagged these images with gps-data and put these shots to a wrong location.

I thought the date and timestamp of the photos is compared to the stamp contained in the gps-log fit to the date and time of the image, the images will be tagged.

The fate and time of the camera was synchronized to the time and date of the GPS-device, and both were set to the same timezone.

Does this mean that, when I want to tag my files in Lr, I should mark only the images for which are gps-data available to prevent Lr from doing such a mismatch ? Is there any other way to remove wrong GPS-data from images other than deleteing the images from the Lr database and then synchronize the folder where these images are physically stored ?

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: problem when tagging images with gps-data
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 03:15:21 am »

Does this mean that, when I want to tag my files in Lr, I should mark only the images for which are gps-data available to prevent Lr from doing such a mismatch ? Is there any other way to remove wrong GPS-data from images other than deleteing the images from the Lr database and then synchronize the folder where these images are physically stored ?
Select the incorrectly-positioned images in the filmstrip,  drag them to the correct map location, and drop them.

You rarely sort out any Lightroom problems by deleting and re-importing images or synchronizing folders.

Rendezvous

• Daniel Talbot Photo Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:21:29 pm »

If you find problems afterwards, you can select just the images with the GPS data that isn't correct, then highlight the GPS location box and delete it. This will remove any location info from the selected photos. The GPS data box is visible in loupe mode, Metadata > Location > GPS on the right hand side.

Robert-Peter Westphal

• Nature-Photography Westphal
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 06:40:40 am »

Hello,

thank you for giving me the required informaton for repairing this issue - but, is there a way to prevent Lr from doing the mistake ?I don#t understand where this problem comes from becasue each image has a specific date and time stamp which is synchronized wiht my GPS device.

Best wishes

Robert
'visit my completly renewed gallery at http://www.naturfotografie-westphal.com '
Pages: [1]   Go Up