Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hahnemuhle photo paper  (Read 1241 times)

Damir

New Hahnemuhle photo paper
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:06:18 pm »

My search for good quality reasonably priced photo paper is over. Just find new product from Hahnemuhle – RC photo paper. It may not be that new, as Ernst already has spectral plots for it, but is new here.

I tried Photo Luster 260 and got great results with Epson 9800, and even better with HP Z3100. For Epsom profile is downloaded from Hahnemuhle site for Z I did it with HP APS.

After bunch of test prints I again wonder about statements that Z 3100 have weak reds, I never find that a problem, even now prints from Z have punchier red than from Epson 9800. I absolutely love prints on that paper from both printers

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Re: New Hahnemuhle photo paper
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:52:02 am »

Damir-
Is it a plastic smooth surface, or is there slight texture?  Do you see any gloss differential with the HP inks?
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

Damir

Re: New Hahnemuhle photo paper
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:38:59 pm »

It has nice texture.
Gloss differential and bronzing are obvious on B&W prints without Gloss Enhancer, with GE applied they totally disappear.
It is interesting that Epson print is much better in that respect as Epson does not have GE. There is no obvious gloss differential and bronzing, but blacks are not neutral on Epson they have slight olive greenish appearance. I can see it when put HP and Epson prints side by side, at that moment HP print looks significantly warmer, but when I compare it with neutral grays of Gretag Macbeth it is obvious that Epson is off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up