Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teathering options?  (Read 2308 times)

Fine_Art

Teathering options?
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:35:00 pm »

There seems to be a huge assortment of tethering software available. Is there any clear best option? I'm mainly looking for live view control, focus stacking, histogram window, multi shots like bracket or high speed, laving the MLU on (no mirror slap), rule of 3rds grid overlay, compatibility with windows tablets, Kindle HDX (if possible), android phones.

Most important for me is that it works with Nikon, then Sony. Of course others would also want to know the relative merits of the Canon, pentax, Oly options.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

nma

Re: Teathering options?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »

There seems to be a huge assortment of tethering software available. Is there any clear best option? I'm mainly looking for live view control, focus stacking, histogram window, multi shots like bracket or high speed, laving the MLU on (no mirror slap), rule of 3rds grid overlay, compatibility with windows tablets, Kindle HDX (if possible), android phones.

Most important for me is that it works with Nikon, then Sony. Of course others would also want to know the relative merits of the Canon, pentax, Oly options.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

My experience is with the Canon System, not Nikon. Sorry for that. But I am very enthusiastic about dSLR Controller, an app that runs on Android smart phone and tablets of a newish vintage. dSLR Conroller is termed beta software, but it is much more mature than the term implies. This app is $9 from the Google Play Store, a real bargain for what it does. What it does included remote tethering of all camera controls and a live view display and live histogram on your tablet via a USB cable. I bought a RAM tripod mount. Its pincers hold my Samsung note 7" in tablet fixed to one leg of my tripod. It does focus stacking, HDR capture, and both at the same time.

Fine_Art

Re: Teathering options?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 05:28:03 pm »

I found this focus stacking video useful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7b5VtdHWbQ&hd=1
Pages: [1]   Go Up