Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe, Important Customer Security Alert !  (Read 14468 times)

iladi

Re: Adobe, Important Customer Security Alert !
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 01:28:51 pm »

I'd suggest checking with your card company, I doubt adobe will contact them all.

All my external payments had allready been bloked by my bank since end of september. So, adobe allready contacted the banks way before they made the public statement. And i live in a not so big european country.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:32:09 pm by iladi »

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 04:59:44 am »

Getting slightly tedious.

Another e-mail from Adobe this morning to say that they have been hacked again and asking me to change password for a second time.

Important Password Reset Information
To view this message in a language other than English, please click here.

We recently discovered that an attacker illegally entered our network and may have obtained access to your Adobe ID and encrypted password. We currently have no indication that there has been unauthorized activity on your account.

To prevent unauthorized access to your account, we have reset your password. Please visit www.adobe.com/go/passwordreset to create a new password. We recommend that you also change your password on any website where you use the same user ID or password. In addition, please be on the lookout for suspicious email or phone scams seeking your personal information.

We deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause you. We value the trust of our customers and we will work aggressively to prevent these types of events from occurring in the future. If you have questions, you can learn more by visiting our Customer Alert page, which you will find here.
Adobe Customer Care
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 08:45:16 am »

Coincidentally, here is an update to a well known (at least in the IT security world) password database leak story

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/10/how-the-bible-and-youtube-are-fueling-the-next-frontier-of-password-cracking/

Nicely shows what can be done and what the risks are. And there is no good news or helpful suggestions...

Pierre

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:16 am »

With CC only, Adobe had decided to remove themselves from the lifes of many of us... but with these issues they somehow impose themselves back in an extremely unpleasant way.

Cheers,
Bernard

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 08:02:41 pm »

With CC only, Adobe had decided to remove themselves from the lifes of many of us... but with these issues they somehow impose themselves back in an extremely unpleasant way.

Cheers,
Bernard

Indeed. What I find most disturbing is that for reasons unknown Adobe requires and stores your date of birth in addition to your credit card number. Date of birth is another piece of information identity thieves like to get, and it's a lot harder to change your birthday than it is to get a new credit card account or password. Nothing has been said about whether all of your personal data was compromised, but if credit card numbers, user names, and passwords were I have to assume everything was. In addition the incessant updates for security flaws in Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat reader do not exactly inspire confidence in Adobe's security practices.
- Dean

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 08:57:14 am »

With respect, only a numptie would give their GENUINE date of birth, mother's maiden name or place of birth on any online service. All those details are publicly available on birth certificate records. I thought everyone invented spoof details for so-called "security" purposes.

But a very real problem, apparently, is that a surprising number of folk use the same (or similar) passwords on more than one service. That's where the scammers really score.
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

thierrylegros396

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 12:49:58 pm »

So, if you frequently buy on the net, you have 50 to 100 different passwords, and I suppose you have a list of them stored in you PC ?

Any good solution to that really annoying problem ?!

In relation to Adobe problems, Atos (bankcard Company) has just sended me a written paper letter to inform me that they will close my card if I don't call them very soon !

So, they seem to take the problem seriously.

Is it possible to completely close your Adobe account ?!

Hope tomorrow will be better !

Thierry

PierreVandevenne

• http://www.datarescue.com/life
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 08:09:10 pm »

Seems Adobe released info about the attack only because they were forced to

http://www.holdsecurity.com/

daws

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 11:33:18 pm »

From the Hold Security article:

It appears that the breach of Adobe's data occurred in early August of this year but it is possible that the breach was ongoing earlier.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up