Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you anal retentive?  (Read 5720 times)

wmchauncey

Are you anal retentive?
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:03:31 am »

I am. I "pixel peep" and I'm of the opinion that viewing distance of my prints should be governed solely by the length of the viewers nose.
To the degree that, of late, I've gotten into the habit of almost always shooting in AI Servo mode then taking those images into PS and applying focus stacking to them, not for the normal reasons, but to improve visual acuity.
Ya don't believe me...give it a shot(s).      ;D
The things you do for yourself die with

TMARK

Re: Are you anal retentive?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 01:26:50 pm »

Ever consider Zanex?  Check it out. :)

Telecaster

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »

I'm not. Well, then again maybe I am...just not in the same way. If I ever had a gallery/museum show I'd use barricades to keep people from getting any closer to my prints than my prefered viewing distance. I'd want people to see my forests. They could use their imaginations about my trees.

So there!   :D

-Dave-

EgillBjarki

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 01:58:48 am »

I used to trash good photos for the slightest technical shortcoming. For some time, I really felt it effecting me during shoots, I was constantly second guessing and taking tons of extra shots. Today I am more relaxed, partly due to more accurate and in general better equipment. I have also come to realise, that the image it self is far more important than the details of it.

MarkL

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 08:05:10 am »

To some, maybe. I af fine tune my lenses, focus stack rather than use f/22, think 36MP isn't overkill and hate overenlarged prints at exhibition.

mrazster

• Monochromatic.nu
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 05:21:15 am »

Absolutely not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pixelpeeping someone elses shoots is in my opinion disrespective...unless the photographer ask for strong critisism !
If it looks good from 1-1,5 m away...then it´s good enough.

This doesn´t mean I´m not careful with the quality of my images, especially during exhibitions. I put alot of time and effort in every singel one of my images.
http://www.monochromatic.nu - Black´n White Photography
iMac 27" - Canon EOS 1Ds MK III - Canon EF 70-200mm F/2.8 L - Canon EF 24-105mm F/4 L IS USM
Pages: [1]   Go Up