Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broncia ETRS  (Read 848 times)

SZRitter

Broncia ETRS
« on: October 02, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »

I have a lead on a Broncia ETRS with 75mm, WLF and grip. Price is around $200 (also includes a small Sekonic meter of some sort). I don't know much about Broncia, but I have been shooting a Yashicamat TLR and would like to move to a 645 ILC but am on a shoestring budget. Main goal is to shoot portraits with film. Good camera at a decent price? Are there accurate, metered prisms available for the ETRS? How hard is it to focus if I switch out to a prism?

The alternative is to wait until I can afford a Mamiya 645AFD.

ced

Re: Broncia ETRS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 04:38:05 am »

Your Broncia should read Bronica and 200 bucks for that is not expensive.
Don't think you are going to benefit much more than the Yashica you are currently using for that type of work except more pics to a roll but less room for composition ease.
Bronica lenses are reputed to be good and many photographers used/use them in the UK.
No idea about the focus/metering info you requested.

BJL

Re: Broncia ETRS
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 08:55:22 pm »

One distinction of the Bronica ETR system was being the most affordable option with leaf shutter lenses, which some wedding and portrait people liked.

There are metered prism finders for it, like one on eBay right now for $110, but I know nothing about quality etc.

I have heard keh.com recommended as a good place to shop for second hand MF gear, at least to get an idea of prices and what accessories are still available
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 09:03:35 pm by BJL »
Pages: [1]   Go Up