Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fence  (Read 935 times)

mokenny

fence
« on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »

Looking through some old photos and this caught my attention. I worked on it from a different perspective.
Comments are welcome to see how I can improve it.
Thanks

Mo Kenny

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: fence
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:01:05 am »

I like the tonal range very much, but something wants me to see the fence highlighted somewhat more so that it stands out better from the background. Composition: maybe a tad too much on the left side of the frame?

Tony Jay

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 06:32:33 am »

The idea here is excellent Mo, but I think David has pinned down the key weakness.

Tony Jay

brandtb

• http://www.brandtbolding.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:11:00 am »

I'm not sure about improvements to this shot, but optionally... some things you might consider in future when you're shooting similar - is to get a little lower so the closest fencepost top just breaks above the line of the mtn range behind rather than have it close to being buried below the same line...this will separate it a bit from bg...maybe with a slightly wider lens.
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:22:34 am »

I'm not sure about improvements to this shot, but optionally... some things you might consider in future when you're shooting similar - is to get a little lower so the closest fencepost top just breaks above the line of the mtn range behind rather than have it close to being buried below the same line...this will separate it a bit from bg...maybe with a slightly wider lens.
I think this is what was the "something" I was referencing. Good idea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up