Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creation of the "Originals" Folder in Catalog Workflow  (Read 3219 times)

Ronald Nyein Zaw Tan

Creation of the "Originals" Folder in Catalog Workflow
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:49:48 pm »

For me, I will never import my images into the Catalog, because I have my own directory setup I like. When I import images, the choice is always import at the current location. This is my annoyance I am seeing: the creation of the "Originals" folder. When I delete it, it comes back the next time I open the catalog. Is that normal and proper software protocol?

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Creation of the "Originals" Folder in Catalog Workflow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 03:57:02 am »

For me, I will never import my images into the Catalog, because I have my own directory setup I like. When I import images, the choice is always import at the current location. This is my annoyance I am seeing: the creation of the "Originals" folder. When I delete it, it comes back the next time I open the catalog. Is that normal and proper software protocol?
[/quote

Ronald,

There is no need to delete the Originals folder and serves no benefit to do so.  It is there as it is possible to move images to be stored inside the catalog and back out again.  This is beneficial (if you like myself) you often travel and wish to take some raw files 'on the road' with you.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager
Pages: [1]   Go Up