Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyson Inks and Cartridges for Epson 3800  (Read 1119 times)

pflower

Lyson Inks and Cartridges for Epson 3800
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:44:46 pm »

I have both a 3800 and a 3880 in different locations.  Years ago I used a Lyson continuous ink system on a 2100 and had no problems apart from the rather clumsy installation of external ink bottles and cables.  The prints looked identical to those printed on the same printer with Epson inks and approximately 8 years later show no ill effects from being hung in rooms with considerable sunlight.

I am now thinking about the reusable cartridges they are offering for the 3800 in order to save money.  I suspect that caution would mean that any serious print which I offered for sale would be on the 3880 using Epson's own inks, but does anyone have any experience of the inks and the system?

Thanks

martin archer-shee

Re: Lyson Inks and Cartridges for Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »

Hi

My experience:

I am a new 3880 owner and have yet to print as I am awaiting new refillable carts from China. Actually probably the same carts used by Lyson and most others, but a lot less costly.

I have used Lyson pigment inks in my 2200, 2400 and now 2880 and been perfectly pleased. Like you I have had prints in high light areas and been pleased.

For no other reasons than "what if" and lets try something else and cost I opted for Jon Conls  conecolor  pigment inks from Inkjet Mall in Vermont. I have the ink and am awaiting new cartridges from China.

I truly feel you would have no problem continuing with Lyson, whether you buy their carts or someone else's. Best of luck....

Martin

Pages: [1]   Go Up