Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One IQ2 Series WiFi Bug with iOS7  (Read 1612 times)

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
Phase One IQ2 Series WiFi Bug with iOS7
« on: September 26, 2013, 05:25:55 pm »

We've discovered a bug with the recently released iOS 7 and the Phase One IQ2 Series. However, we have a workaround while Phase One works to resolves this permanently:

https://captureintegration.com/ios-7-the-iq2-ad-hoc-capture-pilot-quick-fix/

The below link may also be helpful for anyone using Capture Pilot, and especially those just starting out with IQ2 series digital backs and setting up WiFi connections:

https://captureintegration.com/the-most-overlooked-step-when-setting-up-capture-pilot/

Steve Hendrix
Capture Integration
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Phase One IQ2 Series WiFi Bug with iOS7
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 11:11:34 am »

Sadly this is a bigger problem than it appears.  I made the stupid mistake of allowing my iPad to migrate to iOS 7 totally unintentionally.  IOS 7 on the iPad is a huge disaster.  I'll never understand why companies like Apple do this and don't allow and in user a choice the interface to iOS 7 is ridiculous. 

Irregardless the IQ 260 and iOS 7 are pretty much totally incompatible currently at least for me.  I tried your technique Steve and it still won't connect the matter what not sure if it support issue but my screen look identical to yours.  If you bring it up the old way of basically it connects works for a few minutes then times out indefinitely the only way I can get it to work is power off the iPad power back on and make a new connection.

It's kind of sad something that worked pretty much 85% of the time on the older version of iOS 6 now fails totally 100% of the time.  I feel more should've been posted by Phase on this I would've been more careful you can't go back to iOS 6 you're kind of stuck in the future with the iPad.  As it is the upgrade is easy to overlook on the iPad because it comes up with different wording not like it comes up on the iPhone my iPhone works fine still because I'm still running iOS six. 

Thanks for taking the time to post this again unfortunately it apparently still doesn't work on some cameras as I've attempted it many times and can't make the connection once I create the new server.  Hopefully phase 1 will get a fix for this either in firmware or a program upgrade in the near-term.

Any other suggestions you have for ports other than 3300 I would appreciate as I get the same IP address as you do at least in the first screenprint your IP address changed in the second screen print.  My IP address stays the same as your first one throughout the process.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Jeffery Salter

• Loving life one frame at a time.
    • Jeffery Salter
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:23:26 pm »

Hi Paul,

I also did the work around (after updating to 7.02 IOS)  and it's working fine with my IPAD v2.  I entered the IP address manually and port 3300.  I have had two shoots since and the iPad is remembering my IQ260 back.  The assignments were inside offices when I used the ad hoc method.

Warmest regards,
Jeffery Salter
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeffery Salter
Miami, Fl. U.S.A.
photos:  www.jefferysalter.com
Blog: http://blog.jefferysalter.com/
Instagram: @jefferysalter

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:35:31 pm »

Jeffery:

Thanks for the info.  I will have to check my ipad in to am to see what version of  iOS7 I am running. 

Since the upgrade of the iOS, here is how my 260 has worked.

After assigning the 260 in settings under wifi, Capture Pilot will see the IQ260 by serial number just like it did on the older version of iOS6.  At first the connection works fine for about about 4 minutes, then eventually it just stops.  I have also noticed that it seems to stop if the back times out or when the ipad times out and the screen goes black.  If I try to go back and assign the 260 with the manual settings as CI pointed out,  most times I still have the IQ260 serial listed above even though it will no longer connect.  If I try to connect with the manually setup settings, Capture Pilot will not make the connect, giving me a connection error each time.    Right now the only way I can re-establish the connection is power off the ipad off and on, then reopen Capture Pilot.  Then the thumbnails are visible and i can view the images again, until the timeout occurs. 

Under iOS6, I still had problems, but by most times I could get the connection restored by just powering off the back.  Now powering off the back no longer works.

The other thing I noticed today, every so often Capture Pilot will just start the spinning wheel either while trying to load the thumbnails or when making the connection to the back, during this time you can't power off the back, everything gets locked up.  When this happens, you either pull the battery in the back or power off the ipad. 

I never intended to make this software upgrade on the ipad, on the iphone it's very clear that Apple is asking you to move to iOS7, whereas on the ipad if gave me a message about a critical security software upgrade or something.  I did not realize until too late it was upgrading to vr7.  Hopefully Phase will get a upgrade to Capture Pilot out sometime soon. 

However I am a bit disappointed that Phase One did not consider putting out a notice that it's strongly recommended not moving up to iOS7 on the ipad due to these type of problems.   All 260, 280 customers hopefully are registered by warranty but even without that I get almost daily messages from Phase One about various promotions or people using certain features of the camera/software, they could have spent a few minutes and sent out a message about this issue.   iOS7 has been in beta for all DEVELOPERS including Phase One for over 4 months now.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up