Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems Opening Scans on CD  (Read 1758 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Problems Opening Scans on CD
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:14:40 pm »

I have been looking at some scans archived  few years ago to CD and some of them give this message and won`t open" could not complete your request because of a program error". What does this mean? Can anything be done to get the file open?
Mike

tuthill

Re: Problems Opening Scans on CD
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

Have you tried opening them with a different program?  Another thing to try is copying them to your hard drive before opening.

Good luck.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:50:09 pm »

I have been looking at some scans archived  few years ago to CD and some of them give this message and won`t open" could not complete your request because of a program error". What does this mean? Can anything be done to get the file open?
Mike

I've had this problem too. It could mean that the CD has corrupted sectors. This can happen, I believe due to chemical deterioration from storage. If you have changed computer systems or operating systems since then, you may also want to check whether the format of the CD is still consistent with the requirements of your operating system. Those are about the only two things I can think of causing this.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 04:59:16 am »

Hi,

Unless one can determine which particular software component generates that message (which would suggest a software issue), reading with another reader may help (which would reduce a reader related issue). Otherwise IsoBuster might do the trick.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Oldfox

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 06:51:03 am »

Try copying the files to the hard disk. You'll find out if the files are damaged or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up