Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morningrise  (Read 1731 times)

batmura

Morningrise
« on: September 23, 2013, 04:19:58 pm »

Sekapark 4 by batmura, on Flickr

AFairley

Re: Morningrise
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:16:31 pm »

Very dynamic composition, I like it.  I reckon there will be those who do not because there is no place for your eye to come to rest.  The curve to the right is so strong it pulls you back to the right whereupon the spit of land with the trees pushes you back to the center where the whole cycle starts over gain since there's not enough to hold you there.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:45:55 pm »

Indeed very dynamic na well done.

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 02:34:12 am »

Superb! I love the strong boardwalk curve and the leaning trees… Well, Alan expressed my feelings perfectly.
Francois

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 10:02:24 am »

Very dynamic composition, I like it.  I reckon there will be those who do not because there is no place for your eye to come to rest.  The curve to the right is so strong it pulls you back to the right whereupon the spit of land with the trees pushes you back to the center where the whole cycle starts over gain since there's not enough to hold you there.

FWIW, Is this another RULE not to be broken? I know some people find some comfort in such formalities but IMHE there is a higher standard which is "it just feels right" as a whole. After your eye circumvents the globe here a few times the "whole" becomes your eye's resting place and it is very comfortable indeed.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

AFairley

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

FWIW, Is this another RULE not to be broken? I know some people find some comfort in such formalities but IMHE there is a higher standard which is "it just feels right" as a whole. After your eye circumvents the globe here a few times the "whole" becomes your eye's resting place and it is very comfortable indeed.

Note that I said "some," hopefully not those on this board!

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 05:28:33 pm »

Note that I said "some," hopefully not those on this board!

I will take that bait.  There are a lot of interesting elements here.  Some interesting shape from the big curve.  Attractive subjects from the water and beautiful sky...but there isn't anything here drawing me in as far as a subject. 

This is a very well executed image without a subject...with that said, the television show Seinfeld was an excellent show about nothing, so who am I to talk.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up