Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fred Miranda DRI+Pro on Mac...Cannot figure out how to Install  (Read 2030 times)

Shrev94412

• Phase One, Fuji GFX100, Nikon and Leica Q2 Shooter
    • Shreve Fine Art
Fred Miranda DRI+Pro on Mac...Cannot figure out how to Install
« on: September 21, 2013, 06:33:12 pm »

I purchased Fred Miranda's DRI+Pro Photoshop Plug In and I cannot figure out how to install it. The instructions say to install in the directory path on a MAC as follows:  Photoshop X.X  >  Plug-Ins  >  Adobe Photoshop Only  >  Automate

Although, I am running CS6 and the "Adobe Photoshop Only" and "Automate" folders do not exist in CS6. I have no idea how to install the plug in and his site has no contact page and I understand he rarely answers emails after much searching on the web for a solution. The plug in should show up under "Automate" under the "File" menu in CS6.

Any Help?
Check out my work at www.shrevefineart.com

tuthill

Re: Fred Miranda DRI+Pro on Mac...Cannot figure out how to Install
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »

If you look at the folders under Photoshop in the Applications folder there is a Presets folder with an Actions folder under that.  I'm not familiar with this Fred Miranda thing but that may be where it goes if it has an .atn extension.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:45:23 pm »

If indeed it's a normal plug-in, just copy the plug-in to the CS6 Plug-ins folder and relaunch Photoshop. The instruction to the Automate folder inside of the Plug-ins folder is for Photoshop CS5 and earlier...not applicable to CS6 and CC as the plug-ins folders changed.

Shrev94412

• Phase One, Fuji GFX100, Nikon and Leica Q2 Shooter
    • Shreve Fine Art
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:09:23 pm »

Jeff....That's what I did but it still didn't come up under Automate or Filters. So, I installed it in CS5 and changed CS5 to 32 bit Mode and it worked in CS5. I therefore believe it is a 32 bit app and will not work in CS6, unless I missed something somewhere.

Thanks for all the responses. Just trying to find an easier way to do blending of two images (Over/Under Exposure) especially when there are trees or branches from plants which are difficult to do a selection around. If anyone has found the "magic bullet" solution I would love to hear about it.
Check out my work at www.shrevefineart.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up