Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prints are way too dark.  (Read 12932 times)

gerryrobinson

• Gerry Robinson Photography
Re: Prints are way too dark.
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 04:08:36 pm »

Just a thought
check to be sure your printer can make use of the profile you created.
This sounds very much like what happened to me with an Epson 825 printer.
I finally had to set color management to "managed by printer" in order to get
good results.I tried that after watching Jeff and Michael in an earlier LR tutorial,
Jeff mentioned that he had to set his Epson Picturemate to managed by printer.
I think it was because that printer didn't know how to handle the ProPhoto workspace.
Best of Luck
Gerry

Damir

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 02:06:17 am »

This probably won't help you but just to document my experience.

I have perfectly calibrated system which works flawlessly printing from Photoshop CS3, than I upgrade to CS4 and I got all prints too dark and with wrong colors. Red become dark chocolate, brown was dominant color of the every picture, no matter what is the subject, landscape or portrait. I spent huge amount of time to solve that problem, not to mention ink and paper. Several printers were tested HP ProB 9180, HP 9880, HP 8850. I upgrade drivers, finally upgrade Windows to version 7, nothing helps. Than I just go back to Photoshop CS3 – wow everything is perfect again. Now I happily print from CS3 on all of my printers including Z3100 and Epson 9800 and never again tried to upgrade anything on system that works perfectly.

dumainew

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 06:25:13 pm »

Thank you all for your most helpful suggestions. It seems the prints were way too dark because I had the custom printer profile running twice. My mistake. But in the printer window where it asks for the p.p., I found it necessary to put paper instead. I noticed this in F.S.'s book on page 181, figure 4.17. Maybe this is a P.S. mistake or maybe it's my misunderstanding. The prints are now looking better, altho the colors need a lot of 'up punching'.
A special thanks to Wayne Fox. He's truly a compassionate wizard !
Richard in New Orleans
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up