Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vermont Fall colors  (Read 3353 times)

rollei8is

Vermont Fall colors
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »

Hi,
I am planning on 3 day trip to Southern Vermont for fall color photography.

I have been following the reports on line. I think the first week of October will have the peak color.

I am looking for scenes with lake, river and pond. Any suggestions of locations in state park or small towns in southern Vermont will be welcome.

Thanks,

R-----

mshea

Re: Vermont Fall colors
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »

I can't recommend specific locations, but definitely buy the "Vermont Road Atlas & Guide", published by Northern Cartographic (www.emapcenter.com). Every dirt road is indicated, as well as topographical features. Much more detailed and useful than the deLorme maps, and they're certainly good. The dirt roads number in the hundreds and they're all maintained in excellent condition. I've always found Vermont to offer more reliable color, even in poor years when the other NE states look pretty forlorn. Keep taps on this website for up-to-date info: http://www.foliage-vermont.com

Enjoy!

Merrill

marcmccalmont

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:21:52 am »

Don't forget western Mass if you have the time. I'm from NH but have to admit Western Mass and Southern Vermont is prettier!
The Connecticut river has a few covered bridges that would be nice to photograph. I just drove from Claremont to Nashua and the maples are starting to turn in the wet areas so I think you are right the 1st week of October should be peak, start north and work south, follow the Connecticut river and you can't go wrong!
Marc
Marc McCalmont

rollei8is

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:38:15 am »

Hi Merrill,
I scouted for the Atlas, I understand it has been out of print for along time. I ordered used copy for $85.00.

Now I am looking forward for a awesome shoot.

Thanks,

R----
Pages: [1]   Go Up