Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blurred over-saturated color  (Read 11711 times)

rambler44

Blurred over-saturated color
« on: September 20, 2013, 08:30:47 am »

While looking at a night image of streaked light tails, the colors suddenly merged and became over-saturated. This issue was referred to on an Adobe forum which mentioned preferences and XMP files, but then a link page did not connect me to any further explanation. Adobe Help was useless.

The original had lines that were slightly separated and thin.  They suddenly became one solid blurred massive line.

Any ideas how I can find the original look?

I was using CS5 on a Mac Airbook.  The image now looks just as bad when I opened it in CS6

When I open the image directly from the card in "Preview", I see the original look.  Open it in ACR and the colors are blurred together. I just do not get what happened.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:12:09 am by rambler44 »

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Blurred over-saturated color
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 09:21:47 am »

Have you tried a diferent white balance, color space, or camera profile?

rambler44

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:08:58 pm »

It did finally work on another computer.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »

You don't happened to activate "moiré reduction"? That makes horrible things!

Best regards
Erik

While looking at a night image of streaked light tails, the colors suddenly merged and became over-saturated. This issue was referred to on an Adobe forum which mentioned preferences and XMP files, but then a link page did not connect me to any further explanation. Adobe Help was useless.

The original had lines that were slightly separated and thin.  They suddenly became one solid blurred massive line.

Any ideas how I can find the original look?

I was using CS5 on a Mac Airbook.  The image now looks just as bad when I opened it in CS6

When I open the image directly from the card in "Preview", I see the original look.  Open it in ACR and the colors are blurred together. I just do not get what happened.
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up