Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soft proofing on external display bug  (Read 2149 times)

tommm

Soft proofing on external display bug
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:41:57 am »

For those working with Lightroom on an external display (not their "main" display - e.g. external wide gamut display connected to a laptop) an issue to be aware of:

Lightroom uses the correct display profile (the external one) when viewing images normally on the external display BUT when soft proofing is switched on Lightroom incorrectly switches to use the main display profile (NOT the correct external one) before applying the soft proof conditions, this results in an incorrect soft proof on the external display.

A work around for this is:

1. To close the lid of your laptop, therefore allocating the external display as the main display.

2. Setting the "main" display (e.g. laptop) to use the external display profile - resulting in pretty bad colour on your "main" display but correct soft proofing on your external display.

The bug has not been fixed in Lr 5.2 but was only pointed out fairly recently so I guess it'll take a bit longer to be fixed.

Tom

Nigel Johnson

Re: Soft proofing on external display bug
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »

Tom,
What operating system does this apply to? Windows or Mac OS, or does it apply to both?
Regards,
Nigel

John Caldwell

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »

Do you think this applies to any system where a "2nd display" is used as the Develop Display during soft proofing? Thanks for this alert.

John Caldwell

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 06:01:44 am »

Thanks for the heads-up.

Hadn't noticed this - but will check my own set-up (two monitors on a desktop PC, rather than a laptop).

"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

tommm

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 06:14:10 am »

Sorry for the delay in responding - been away. I'm on a Mac so not sure if this also applies to PC. You can follow how I worked out what was wrong in the last few posts of this previous thread http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=81796.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up