Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bridge Tender's Station  (Read 979 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
The Bridge Tender's Station
« on: September 15, 2013, 01:35:27 am »

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

stamper

Re: The Bridge Tender's Station
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 04:01:44 am »

I am wondering if the building or the lights on the right are the focal point? If it is the lights you need more space to the right of the lights. Without the lights there isn't in reality an image to comment on because the building isn't a good enough focal point.

Harald L

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 04:31:29 am »

I am wondering if the building or the lights on the right are the focal point? If it is the lights you need more space to the right of the lights. Without the lights there isn't in reality an image to comment on because the building isn't a good enough focal point.

I strongly disagree. There's more in it well worth to discover. For me it isn't either the building nor the red lights but the pavement. Maybe you can title it "paved with gold". Chris, excuse me for toying with your image but it's much easier for me to describe what I mean by a small copyright-infringement than by many words.

Harald

« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:36:08 am by Harlem22 »
Glad to be an amateur

stamper

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 04:35:03 am »

It looks over sharpened on my monitor. I am sure Chris didn't mean for the pavement to be the focal point? If so then cropping out the rest and leaving the pavement would be better?

Harald L

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:39:42 am »

It looks over sharpened on my monitor. I am sure Chris didn't mean for the pavement to be the focal point? If so then cropping out the rest and leaving the pavement would be better?

Hey, it's just a suggestion on a LuLa-scaled jpeg not a fine-art-print. I'm pretty sure that Chris didn't mean the pavement to be the focal point but why not changing the mind during a discussion? I know that is really hard... ;)

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 08:17:14 am »

I disagree with Stamper as well as to the building not having enough juice to be the focal point. I do have one without the receding car lights that in this exposure I left in to further emphasize the curvature of the roadway - hence, bridge. The building is (in my humble opinion) beautifully exposed both interiorly and exteriorly and I also think the roadway, while not the focal point, provides a very defined entry into the photo. I am not sure I would go as far as Harlan in the treatment of the grating, but the richness to the copper coloring leads the eye both to the car lights and the bridge tender's station...but as always, each to his/her own.

Try this link as I often find some images don't always translate as well from flickr to here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54965930@N07/9755029242/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:28:57 am by Chris Calohan »
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 06:43:40 pm »

I prefer the one with a bit more right edge; there is a certain amount of tension between the 'guard house' and the car speeding off, and I think the lights deserve a bit more than the got in the original.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up