Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 5/Epson R2400 color printing  (Read 3595 times)

Robert Klein

Lightroom 5/Epson R2400 color printing
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:21:31 am »

I am beyond frustrated with trying to produce decent color prints.  I am using a Mac (OS 10.8.4) and LR5.  I have all the Epson profiles loaded into LR's print module for my papers.  I am using Epson inks and Epson Ultra Premium Presentation paper.  I clean the heads (and test) and ensure that ink levels are OK.  I have calibrated my monitor with a Spyder2.  I don't know what else to do.  I make sure I have the Color Settings in the print dialogue shows the right paper, turn off Fast Printing.

The prints are very dark unless I adjust brightness.  They are just plain awful looking.  I have tried 16 bit output, on and off.  I've tried "managed by printer".  I have tried every conceivable combination, I think.  I can print B&W just fine.  Color prints are the issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I have had the printer since it was new and was able to make nice prints until the past few months.

Thanks.

John Chardine

• chardine photography
Re: Lightroom 5/Epson R2400 color printing
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:41:46 pm »

Are you letting Lightroom or the printer manage colours?

Robert Klein

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 12:01:06 am »

Lightroom, but I tried letting the printer manage it just to see if that would work.

Robert Klein

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:09:51 pm »

Any ideas will be very helpful!

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Robert Klein

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »

I may have narrowed the issue.  It only happens when I print from RAW files.  Printing from jpg files seems to be OK.  I did an online chat with Adobe and seem to have determined that my NEF RAW files imported into LR5 from my card reader were corrupt.  When I copied the NEF files off of the card onto my hard drive, then imported the files into LR, then printed them, they were fine.  So the issue seems to be that I cannot/should not import from the card directly into LR.  Who knew?

I will experiment further to see if that is truly the case, but all signs point to that bug being the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up