Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony FF Interchangeable lens camera?  (Read 12343 times)

Herbc

Sony FF Interchangeable lens camera?
« on: September 12, 2013, 12:03:02 pm »

Have just got a Nex-7 a few weeks ago, and I must say it is a joy to shoot good quality stuff without the weight of my big Nikon iron.
Is sony coming to market with a FF interchangeable lens camera in CSC?

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Re: Sony FF Interchangeable lens camera?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »

Rumors abound everywhere. Since Sony it's being on a roll for quite sometime now, I dare to say it's going to happen. 4 years ago, I laughed at a friend for thinking on buying a Sony camera. I told him to go buy a blender first. Today I am the very happy owner of a Nex 6.

Eduardo

Have just got a Nex-7 a few weeks ago, and I must say it is a joy to shoot good quality stuff without the weight of my big Nikon iron.
Is sony coming to market with a FF interchangeable lens camera in CSC?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:48:42 pm by uaiomex »

Dale_Cotton2

• http://daystarvisions.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

See first Sep 12 entry on http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/.

OnyimBob

• http://
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 04:50:21 pm »

You're not thinking of one too Dale? ;D
Bob
Bob Munro.
[url=http://www.waterholesgue

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »

Certainly I am. If it takes APS E-mount lenses, most likely it will take my Canon TS II glass too.
Finally Canon TS glass married to Sony FF sensorship! Wow!
Eduardo

Bob
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:52:15 pm by uaiomex »

shadowblade

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:06:06 pm »

I'm hoping for the rumoured 32-36MP sensor, rather than the 24MP sensor, to use with my TS-E lenses.

Canon hasn't released an interesting sensor since the 1Ds3/5D2...

Dale_Cotton2

• http://daystarvisions.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 09:47:48 am »

I'm hoping for the rumoured 32-36MP sensor, rather than the 24MP sensor, to use with my TS-E lenses.

Well, thanks. Thanks a lot. No: I hadn't thought of buying one. Just came across that rumour blog entry shortly before the LL post, so passed it on. In fact, having sold my Canon S100 to a friend and finding I felt naked without a camera in my pocket, I just sprang for a Sony RX100M2 a few weeks ago. So yet another new camera should be the farthest thing from my mind.

But what I've discovered from the RX100 is that printing its image files at 360 PPI with zero sharpening produces these incredibly exquisite 10x15 inch prints. The combination of the Zeiss glass and the 20 MP sensor in decent light -- well, I finally understand what people mean when they talk about a lens having good rendition.

Now between the two of you you're making me have this vision of native 360 PPI prints at A2/USC-sized output and from a camera that might actually be as portable as my beloved but dust-collecting Nikon FM...

Stop that. Not nice. ;)

stever

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 10:07:27 am »

I've been waiting for a combination of compact camera and lenses that I can use for travel photography under a wide variety of conditions to augment if not replace my 5D3.  this may be it if

- it really comes in at 32-36 mp so that resolution is maintained with apsc longer and zoom lenses

- there is a reasonable range of compact primes (including a 17 or 18mm) - they don't need to be superfast (especially if they have OSS), but need to be sharp across the field with a reasonable amount of correctable distortion

Sony has the opportunity to do what Leica should have done (of course Canon and Nikon do to but seem completely uninterested)

Herbc

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:13 am »

Don't think 32-36 mp is necessary.  I have a D800E and the NEX-7 produces prints equal to it at 16x20, which is about as big as one can use in gallery competitions.  I have a 3800 printer, so the 17x22 print is my max, and honestly, unless you have a special need for larger, most people won't buy anything bigger as they don't have wall space.
The only thing I think is a holdback on Sony is that they don't have a plan to hang really big lenses (those without a foot) on such a small camera.  Really Right Stuff doesn't have anything for this application, dunno if others might.

shadowblade

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 11:44:56 am »

Don't think 32-36 mp is necessary.  I have a D800E and the NEX-7 produces prints equal to it at 16x20, which is about as big as one can use in gallery competitions.  I have a 3800 printer, so the 17x22 print is my max, and honestly, unless you have a special need for larger, most people won't buy anything bigger as they don't have wall space.
The only thing I think is a holdback on Sony is that they don't have a plan to hang really big lenses (those without a foot) on such a small camera.  Really Right Stuff doesn't have anything for this application, dunno if others might.

Some of us print a lot larger than that - for me, 32"x96" panoramas are common. You can always downsize a larger file, or shoot in a sRAW mode, if you want a smaller file.

I'm actually after 32-36MP (or larger) in order to use TS-E lenses to shift-stitch 50-60MP panoramas...

stever

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 12:41:06 pm »

I want 32-36 mpix to end up with an adequate number of pixels when using aspc lenses

3800 printer users should be aware that Red River Paper sells a high quality luster in 17x25 and 13x38 - unfortunately not 17x38

scooby70

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 05:20:14 pm »

For me issues for CSC's include light output from the EVF causing eye strain in low light, EVF dynamic range and in body image stabilisation potentially making home went cleaning inadvisable. Unless I'm satisfied on all counts I will not be buying anything.  
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:21:53 pm by scooby70 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up