Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allow C1 to apply LCC's from a different serial # back?  (Read 2683 times)

narikin

Allow C1 to apply LCC's from a different serial # back?
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:31:43 am »

It seems LCC files are specific to the exact back they were made on. I don't mean model/type of back, but the specific serial # of back.

I have some LCC's from one IQ160 to apply to another (no longer available) IQ160, but C1 will not allow it. Opening both original file and LCC file, 'Apply LCC' just gives an error dialog. Saving the LCC as a preset and then seeking to apply it does not work - they are grayed out.  All movements, bodies and lenses are the same, the file would help to balance out Lens Cast color shifts.

Is there a way to permit or trick an LCC from one IQ160 backs to be applied to another IQ160 images? I looked in the options/ preferences but couldn't find anything. (dust removal is turned off)

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
Re: Allow C1 to apply LCC's from a different serial # back?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:33:01 am »

It seems LCC files are specific to the exact back they were made on. I don't mean model/type of back, but the specific serial # of back.

I have some LCC's from one IQ160 to apply to another (no longer available) IQ160, but C1 will not allow it. Opening both original file and LCC file, 'Apply LCC' just gives an error dialog. Saving the LCC as a preset and then seeking to apply it does not work - they are grayed out.  All movements, bodies and lenses are the same, the file would help to balance out Lens Cast color shifts.

Is there a way to permit or trick an LCC from one IQ160 backs to be applied to another IQ160 images? I looked in the options/ preferences but couldn't find anything. (dust removal is turned off)

HI Narikin,

They are indeed to tied to the serial number of the back.

Simply put, the ICC correction would not work from one back to another.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

narikin

Re: Allow C1 to apply LCC's from a different serial # back?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 09:42:57 am »

They are indeed to tied to the serial number of the back.

Simply put, the ICC correction would not work from one back to another.

David

Wow, that pretty much confirms what I have discovered. Dam!

Maybe Phase should make this fact a little clearer, as someone could have a standardized studio set up with LCCs saved as User profiles, applying as needed later, and if they had a loaner in for a few days (maybe during the repair of their back) they would be screwed later when the tried to apply their saved LCC profiles farther down the line.

Oh well, better polish up my rusty Photoshop Color Blend skills to fix the bits that show!

Pages: [1]   Go Up